1.    #1  
    On the T300 I set my browser to disconnect under "blazer preferences" to save battery life. I have searched everywhere and cannot seem to find a manual option to disconnect my web browser on the T600. With the exception of turning the unit off using the power button on the top does anyone know how to disconnect from Blazer??

Thanks........
  2. PxT
    I keep seeing this topic come up, and I still don't really understand it. If the network arrows are grey (ie no data being transferred) and I am in the phone, calendar or some other screen, or even have the screen powered off, is the Treo really using any more battery power than it would if the network was completely disconnected? I never owned the 300 or any previous Treo so please enlighten me....
    Thanks
  3.    #3  
    My understanding is that the green network arrows indicate user activity and the grey arrows indicate a user connection and obviously no arrows indicate no connection. My concern over the connection is two-fold: 1. Although you are not transferring data you are still connected (drains battery..although probably little) 2. I dont want a radio communicator that is connected sitting on my lap, in my pocket, or near my nuts while it is emitting data signal. I usually stick my treo in my pocket. While pure receivers (beepers) have shown to be safe, It is not clear about the safety of these radio communicators.

The treo 300 had an option so when you closed blazer the connection would disconnect automatically. I cant seem to find the same option on the t600.
    Cell phones (voice radio portion) constantly transmit to check for current best connection. Your nuts are vulnerable if the radio is on at all whether for voice or for data. The difference should be negligible by turning off the Vision (1xRTT) data session.
    Originally posted by keithmeyer
    The treo 300 had an option so when you closed blazer the connection would disconnect automatically. I cant seem to find the same option on the t600.
    I was wondering the same. Snappermail lets you disconnect, like Blazer in the 300. The gray arrows are new in the 600, but still wondering if battery drains higher.
  6.    #6  
    After some research and discussion in other threads no one has come up with a solution for the web blazer disconnect. The T300 had it and the T600 does not. The consensus from other users is that the grey arrows indicate connection is still current, however probably uses minimal battery power. I am not sure why they discontinued this feature on blazer.
    you know about prefs/network/disconnect, right?
    In my experience with the treo 600 , i belive that they grey arrows mean that you are able to connect to sprint vision and sprint vision is not down, while they are grey you can recieve calls, while they are green then you are connected in a data session and you can not recieve calls.

If data is allways on you will not get calls, that means when it is grey you ARE disconnected.

lets see what others will say !
  9.    #9  
    you know about prefs/network/disconnect, right?
    There is no such option on the T600. Not that most of us can find anyway. That was a feature with the T300.

"
    If data is allways on you will not get calls, that means when it is grey you ARE disconnected.
    hmmmmm. If this is true.....not sure. I think grey means vision is still connected, not actively receiving/transmitting data. When the grey arrows are present the T600 does not ask you if you "would like to connect
    Originally posted by keithmeyer

There is no such option on the T600. Not that most of us can find anyway. That was a feature with the T300.

I'm guessing you didn't look.

Go to prefs, choose network, look at the button in the center at the bottom. it's either "connect" or "disconnect"
    Well , if you turn off the phone that means your authenticated data session and the security tokens have been deleted, so when you turn on the phone again and want to access vision, it makes a new data session with new access codes, so it asks if you want to connect again unless you select the option of it not asking you the question.
  12.    #12  
    I'm guessing you didn't look.
    Of course there is a way to MANUALLY disconnect from blazer. That is not the question.

The question is how to have blazer AUTOMATICALLY disconnect when you exit to any other application. On the T300 when you closed the lid or left blazer it would automatically disconnect if you chose that feature in Blazer/network/preferences

right...I just wanted to make sure you knew how to do it manually...to save your nuts, or whatever...
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for caring.....LOL!!
    And I'm sure his nuts thank you too!
    All the gray arrows mean is that you have a Vision connection open. When the arrows are gray, you can make and receive calls, use your PDA. It consumes no more power than having Vision off, except for the tremendous power drain attributed to displaying those two arrows.

Green arrows indicate a data transfer and may stop you from receiving calls. Mine asks if I want to take the call and if I say yes, it drops the data transfer. Think Green Arrow = talking on the phone ... its putting out more power. Gray Arrows = phone on stand by.

If you're concerned about irradiating your boys, just take it out of your pocket. Besides, you get the same level of r/f whether Vision is on or not ... BECAUSE THE PHONE IS STILL ON and looking for a signal.

If you are one of those people that think push email is so important that it might end life as we know it today if we didn't have it, well, I guess you'll just have to leave that Vision connection up anyway.

Besides, Sprint will shut your connection off after awhile anyway for inactivity.

Hope that helps. BTW, grapefruit size means you're gonna die. Go see a doctor!
    I hear ya about blazer.... that would have been a nice feature to keep.....hopefully a hack will take care of that in th future......

but other than heating up my "boyz" and draining the battery life.... can I still receive voice calls while connected to vision??

or does it bounce to voicemail like I thought I read in another thread

thx

GM