Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great community of "skin heads" you have here - well maybe that one has bad connotations. Anyhow, I'm surprised no one has built a classic WinAmp skin yet - especially in light of the new streaming capabilities of the beta. I'll try it eventually but my real job keeps me pretty busy. Great work all.
    Originally posted by AirData
    Mol, I'd like an iTunes 4 skin like the ones they have on their web site!
    I created the original 320 x 320 Pocket Tunes Skins that many have been requesting. I have converted my iTunes 4 skin for the Treo 600. In addition, I will convert the others as I can. You can keep an eye on my web page in the future or you can check out PalmOne City "Pocket Tunes Skins" forum.

Requests are welcome.

Download My PT Skins Here

PalmOne City Forum Here
    Last edited by lwehrung; 11/05/2003 at 11:55 AM.
    Originally posted by isayx3
    I finished my Pocket Tunes skin. Clean ipod looking interface...

Enjoy...

http://www.plainjoestudios.com/downl...injoe_skin.jpg

Download
    Very nice! Goes well with my iPod T600 companion.
    can pocket tunes, via a skin, show you how much time you have left on the current lay list?

or show you the current file number of the current playlist?

like you are now listening to file 3 of 30.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Cool
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Just curious,,but has anyone ever tried downloading a 320x320 skin? Did it work?
    looooove the apple skins guys! keep up the great work
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    I have tried creatiing a skin where there is one button which when pressed will swap 2 photos super-imposed on an empty background. The 2 photos are actually buttons (with zero action) that will display/hide depending on the ON/OFF state of the 1st button. It works well but now I want to have 3 or more photos!

How can I create a button that can toggle a persistent variable to 1, 2 or 3 (or more) and cycle back to 1 again, depending on how many times I pressed that button?n Then I can each "Photo button" to show or hide depending on this variable. Or is there a better way?
    I would be glad to help, but can you e-mail me the XML file? Just click on Contact link at the top of my web site. The link to Palm Focus is in my signature.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Quote Originally Posted by lwehrung
    I would be glad to help, but can you e-mail me the XML file? Just click on Contact link at the top of my web site. The link to Palm Focus is in my signature.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Thanks. The skin I have was modified from your sample anyway
    Nice! thanks alot!
  12. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lwehrung
    These are terrific skins - thanks.
    Has anyone seen a skin that matches a BMW or Audi's head unit (red on black)? Preferrably something simple like the default PT skin, HiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Here are some more. I'm looking for ideas for other skins. Feel free to suggest.

Baseball skins
    id really like a Cingular themed skin....
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Since I couldn't find the skin I wanted, I'm trying to teh standard HiFi_Low skin to my own preferences. I've edited the all the graphics files. Made some changes in color settings in the xml file. I don't understand what to do from here. I can't get compiling to work.

The graphics are in c:\pt\graphics
    The xml file (Audi.xml) is in c:\pt
    PTSC.exe is also in c:\pt
    All the other files that came with the compiler tool is also in c:\pt

I opened a DOS prompt. Went to c:\pt. Typed " ptsc -v2 Audi.xml Audi.pdb " and pressed enter. I get "Error processing Audi.xml: COuld not open bitmap file large0.bmp"

What am I doing wrong? Help?
    I figured it out on my own. Thanks for nothing, everyone. I see that this forum is only good for boasting one's accomplishments.
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowman
    I figured it out on my own. Thanks for nothing, everyone. I see that this forum is only good for boasting one's accomplishments.
    Well, there are a couple of reasons you ought to relax.
    • Some people have actual lives, so it is hard to keep up with all the forums all the time. Personally, I have helped several people with creating skins. I just did not read your request until now.
    • There are not that many people that create skins for Pocket Tunes. Thus, there may have been plenty of people willing to help, but they just might not have the background to help.
    • It appears you have only been a member since March 23, 2005. I think I would give the forum the benefit of the doubt, since you have only made one request that did not get a response. Personally, I find this forum very helpful.
    Anyway, I think you owe this forum an apology especially before you decide to make another request.

Sincerely,
    Lance

P.S. There are several possibilities the skin probably did not compile: (1) the color depth of the bitmap was wrong, (2) the bitmap type was wrong, or (3) the program used to the edit the file would not give up ownership of the bitmap file for the compiler to work properly.
    Last edited by lwehrung; 03/27/2005 at 12:07 PM.
    Your quick reply only reinforces my conclusion this forum is good for nothing of much use. I ask for help and get no reply for 3 days. I post a snide remark and I get a reply in about an hour.

- We all have actual lives. What's this have to do with anything? Oh, it's just you saying, "I have a life". Which means you really don't. What this DOES relate to is character. Is it in a person's character to reply to someone in need or just when there's an opportunity to announce, "I have a life. I help lots of people. I am beating my chest. You will apologize."

- Not many people who create skins for Pocket Tunes? WTF are you talking about? Thre are several people in this thread posting information on skins they've created. You're really not making much sense.

- My being a new member doesn't excuse people from ignoring a request for help in favor of posting a nonsense, aggrandizing post such as yours. Most other forums I subscribe to would start with response something like. "Welcome to the forum. Here's the solution..." Not, "Say you're sorry because because it will help my image in this forum and I need it because in real life, I'm inadequate in most ways."

That P.S. is a poor attempt at making people think you're trying to help. "You suck, but I'm gonna help you anyway because I'm that good." You have some serious problems with reading comprehension. The first sentence in my post was "I figured it out on my own." And there were only 3 sentences! This means, I FIGURED IT OUT ON MY OWN. I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP ANYMORE. En Espanol, that's NO NECESSITO YOUR HELPO ANYMORE-O.

I think I like this forum now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowman
    Your quick reply only reinforces my conclusion this forum is good for nothing of much use. I ask for help and get no reply for 3 days. I post a snide remark and I get a reply in about an hour.

- We all have actual lives. What's this have to do with anything? Oh, it's just you saying, "I have a life". Which means you really don't. What this DOES relate to is character. Is it in a person's character to reply to someone in need or just when there's an opportunity to announce, "I have a life. I help lots of people. I am beating my chest. You will apologize."

- Not many people who create skins for Pocket Tunes? WTF are you talking about? Thre are several people in this thread posting information on skins they've created. You're really not making much sense.

- My being a new member doesn't excuse people from ignoring a request for help in favor of posting a nonsense, aggrandizing post such as yours. Most other forums I subscribe to would start with response something like. "Welcome to the forum. Here's the solution..." Not, "Say you're sorry because because it will help my image in this forum and I need it because in real life, I'm inadequate in most ways."

That P.S. is a poor attempt at making people think you're trying to help. "You suck, but I'm gonna help you anyway because I'm that good." You have some serious problems with reading comprehension. The first sentence in my post was "I figured it out on my own." And there were only 3 sentences! This means, I FIGURED IT OUT ON MY OWN. I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP ANYMORE. En Espanol, that's NO NECESSITO YOUR HELPO ANYMORE-O.

I think I like this forum now.

Self entitlement is a b1tch.
    Dont bite the hand that feeds you the flame bait. Let's move on please. Anyone got anymore good skins?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast