Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    great skins...
    Originally posted by AirData
    Mol, I'd like an iTunes 4 skin like the ones they have on their web site!
    Available now here

Not 100% happy with the result yet. It isn't easy to get the same crisp look on a low res screen. Let me know which parts you think have to be improved.

I'm not familiar with the real iTunes interface. I've taken the assumption that the playing/paused/stopped states are indicated only in the traffic light. Should the corresponding button also appear in blue, like when you press it?

Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    One more thing: I have no idea how the hir-res iTunes skin can display the playlist. The documentation doesn't mention the xml tags for it.
    I'm using PablosBrain's OS X skin. I don't even own a Mac, but it's a sharp, modern look.

Mol's screenshot of his OS X theme looks just as good, I just happened to get PB's before I saw Mol's.

It works great. Good job, guys.
    go to www.palmgear.com and search for Pocket Tunes. They got plenty of free skins, including Lord of the Rings, etc. Got to try some of them tonight...
    Originally posted by PDAman
    go to www.palmgear.com and search for Pocket Tunes. They got plenty of free skins, including Lord of the Rings, etc. Got to try some of them tonight...
    Those are all Hi-Res and won't work.
  7. purpleY
    Here is a skin I did yesterday to learn how to do it.

It's supposed to integrate into the treo600 nicely.

It is sort customized for how I like to use it i.e. set up for right hand use with the buttons grouped for my right thumb, big buttons for play and pause and small areas for the volume slider and really small repeat button.

Get for a limited time at

www.littlebetas.com/vskin.pdb

I will take it down at the end of the day friday because it's not my website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NormSoft (the makers of PocketTunes) sent me an alpha version of v2.1 that has a completely new skin engine. They included a new ptsc compiler as well. Haven't had time to try it yet, but from the description it looks pretty neat. Also, the ptsc comes with 40 pages of documentation explaining every single detail, with some specific references to the Treo 600. I'll ask them if I can post the files here or on a web site.

From the feature list:

- Custom font support
    - User-selectable fonts
    - Transparent fonts
    - Transparent bitmaps
    - Compression of skins
    - 8-bit support
    - Support for odd-sized displays (320x480, etc.)
    - up/down sliders
    - Access almost any feature of Pocket Tunes from the skin
    - lots more...
    Awesome.. I'd love to try those new skin features out! Definitely post when you have more info!
    I finished my Pocket Tunes skin. Clean ipod looking interface...

Enjoy...

http://www.plainjoestudios.com/downl...injoe_skin.jpg

Download
    Originally posted by isayx3

Enjoy...
    Superb work isayx. I'm a professional web designer and this is my favorite skin thus far. I love that you managed to cram in the bitrate display.

My only comment is that I can't tell if I'm in shuffle mode or not. I think some of the upper right icons are for that purpose, but they are indistinguishable circles. Other than that, I think its a brillant design. Thanks man!

Chi
    smart reviews for serious gamers
    <A HREF="http://mobile.gamecritics.com">mobile.gamecritics.com</A>
    Thanks for the nice comments

I plan on updateding the skin with a shuffle Icon. I was trying not to cram too much into the clean look. Maybe I should replace the repeat icon. Does anyone use that?
    Thanks for the nice comments

I plan on updateding the skin with a shuffle Icon. I was trying not to cram too much into the clean look. Maybe I should replace the repeat icon. Does anyone use that?
    Ha ha ha. Personally, the shuffle function is much more important than the repeat option to me. Both options are still accessible via menu, but I toggle shuffle much more frequently. BTW, I also noticed that the repeat icon wasn't clickable on-screen. Was that feature omited?

Chi
    smart reviews for serious gamers
    <A HREF="http://mobile.gamecritics.com">mobile.gamecritics.com</A>
    It's clickable..if you look close you will see it turns from grey to blue

I'll probably switch it out with a shuffle icon this evening thought

Then start on another skin
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Enjoy...

http://www.plainjoestudios.com/downl...injoe_skin.jpg

Download
    isayc3,

I love the elegant simplicity of your skin. I am a web designer/developer also and I think the thing looks great. I'm waiting on the GSM Treo 600 so I can speak to the functionality, but I'm sure it's superb. Great work!!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Hey all! This is Tim Norman from NormSoft (makers of Pocket Tunes).

Thanks for creating these great skins for the Treo 600!

If you'd like us to add your skins to our web site, send us an email at skins@pocket-tunes.com

You'll get a lot more exposure there since that's where we send all of our new customers to look for skins! There's a huge demand for Treo 600 skins (we're getting several emails a day asking for more!), so it would be great to get your permission to add them to our web site.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    Tim Norman
    NormSoft, Inc.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Plainjoe rocks! Simple, clean, good looking.

My only complaint would be the lack of knowing that you're in shuffle mode or not-- I more or less always play back in shuffle mode.

My suggestion would be to lose the balance control-- does anyone actually use that?
    I am going to add a shuffle toggle off...good question about the balance, i don't use it.

I'll probably update it this week.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    One other comment about the skin-- it looks like it breaks using the new pocket-tunes beta.

Instead of displaying the title from the MP3 tags, you were displaying the file name; that doesn't seem to work any more. Just something to keep in mind if you're playing next week.
    new pockets tunes has a new skin'ing format. I haven't tried it and do not know if its fully backwards compatible with old skins.

Skin might have to be re-created for it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast