View Poll Results: Would you buy a SkullCandy Headphone/headset if they made a 100% Treo compatible vers

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

102 94.44%
  • Maybe

5 4.63%
  • No

1 0.93%
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Would you buy a SkullCandy Headphone/headset if they made a 100% Treo 600 compatible version? Sound off on the this issue. The more people interested in this product, the more likely Skullcandy will make it. I've been told that they will monitor this board to get a feel for the level of interest.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I voted yes but it would depend on the price.
    I sure would... I was already waiting for the stereo headphones for the treo 600 that handspring has on their site, but if this skullcandy headset was available I would forget about the HS one almost immediately

I think having all that functionality in one device is a GREAT idea. Hey, this is supposed to be a "convergeance" device, right? well combining headsets is the next logical step towards a true "all-in-one" device. It's less to have to carry around!

I do agree that the price is a big factor however... if it is too expensive people might just stick with carrying around 2 headsets (especially since most people already own regular headphones and a cheap adapter is all that's needed to use them).
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    I sure would... I was already waiting for the stereo headphones for the treo 600 that handspring has on their site, but if this skullcandy headset was available I would forget about the HS one almost immediately
    I feel you Jennifur. I considered getting those from HS, but once I saw that they were earbuds I said I'd be better off with an adapter and using my normal headphones. I still want the all in one from SkullCandy and as long as their price point remains close to their existing line ($29.95), I'll be buying.
    I said yes, but it would of course depend on price, and/or if it was retractable. I think I mentioned it in about 7 other posts, but I can't see why a retractable version would be so tough, and it's nearly infinitely more times usable.
    Wouldn't the mic get in the way if it was retractable?
    Will buy one with or without retract, but would love to see it retractable.
    Hmm, I suppose, maybe it could be partially retractable or something. I know I've seen retractable hands-free sets, so however they do it, would be fine for me. I mostly just don't 3 feet of tangle or deal with folding it into a hardcase every two minutes.
    wthout a doubt I would RUN to buy one! take care, jay
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    bump
    What's the latest on SkullCandy's Treo headset efforts?
    The mic would be located on the earpiece. Could work like the Jabra, or like....hmmmm can't remember the company. I think it's Gold Lantern or something. Anyway, it was on the earpiece but didn't stick out like the Jabra.

Bottom line- it can be done. The only downside to the retractable is that they tend to break easily. At least they have for me.
    Last edited by treomojo; 10/29/2003 at 09:20 AM.
    I would buy the an-the-ear headphone version if they can price it in the $19.95 region.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    SkullCandy posted an update on the Treo 600 Compatible headset in another thread:

SkullCandy Update
    I voted YES and the darn thing kept giving me an error. So the poll results are whatever stated + 1. I can't wait to get a converged headset for my converged device...it's only logical.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    I hate earbuds -- they just never seem to fit right. Plus, when I hop (yes, and ride, you smart alecks out there) on my Trek they NEVER stay where they're supposed to.

So, here is what I want ...

Headphones that will slip around the back of my head with 2 earpieces so I can hear in stereo and that will let me know when a call comes in, perhaps with a voice prompt ... "You have an incoming call" in Claire's niece Angela's voice.

A switch (that would also house the mic) allowing one to automatically pause Ptunes when getting a call simply by moving a slider from player to phone. And then hangs up the phone and resumes playing where one was, before being so rudely interrupted, when you slide from phone to player.

It has to look cool -- has to come from Skull Candy, for sure.

An FM tuner and a retractable cord would be nice, but not necessary.

And I'd like to pay no more than $30 or so.

Not too much to ask!!!
    bump
    Sony has a unique type of earbud. They fit in your ear canal like earplugs. There is NO way they will ever pop out! And since they create an airtight seal with your ear canal, the bass response is awsome! Also great on an airplane. Great fidelity. Cost less than $50.
    Frequency Response: 6 - 23,000 Hz
    Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
    Weight: 0.1 oz. (4g) w/o cord

The only thing I don't like about them are that after using them for a few hours, my ears get itchy, and when you pop them out, you get to see how dirty your ears really are!

Here's an old review

First style
    Second Style
    I have the world in my Palm
    Originally posted by thppfft
    Sony has a unique type of earbud. They fit in your ear canal like earplugs. There is NO way they will ever pop out! And since they create an airtight seal with your ear canal, the bass response is awsome! Also great on an airplane. Great fidelity. Cost less than $50.
    Frequency Response: 6 - 23,000 Hz
    Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
    Weight: 0.1 oz. (4g) w/o cord

The only thing I don't like about them are that after using them for a few hours, my ears get itchy, and when you pop them out, you get to see how dirty your ears really are!

Here's an old review

First style
    Second Style
    I purchased these and I concur that they are great, you forgot to mention that they come with various size rubber ends so that you can custom fit these to your ears. They sound great and are extremely comfortable.

I'm using a set with my G3 Ipod, I absolutely love them I intend to share them between my ipod and my GSM T600 w/adapter as soon as I receive the Treo.
    No good deed goes unpunished