Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 109
  1.    #1  
    I just received an automated, outbound all from Sprint because I'm an existing Business Connection Personal Edition user. It directed me to visit http://www.sprint.com/bcupgrade.

    The message states that the new release will be out on October 18th (confirming what has already been said here in the forums) and that BC will stop working for those that don't upgrade at a certain date (don't recall the particulars on that part...I was too busy tapping the URL into my browser by that point of the message).
    Last edited by eriklars; 10/15/2003 at 02:36 PM.
  2. #2  
    Eriklars wrote: "....BC will stop working for those that don't upgrade at a certain date"

    Yes, what I understood from this was that Biz Conn users can upgrade at no cost (of course). But if they fail to upgrade, they'll lose access to the service.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by eriklars
    I just received an automated, outbound all from Sprint because I'm an existing Business Connection Personal Edition user. It directed me to visit http://www.sprint.com/bcupgrade.

    The message states that the new release will be out on October 18th (confirming what has already been said here in the forums) and that BC will stop working for those that don't upgrade at a certain date (don't recall the particulars on that part...I was too busy tapping the URL into my browser by that point of the message).
    Yep, I just got an automated phone call saying the same thing. You must upgrade by 10/26. I wish I could use BC at work, but my computer is automatically disconnected from the network at night.
  4.    #4  
    Not sure if your circumstances would permit it, but I use a PC at home (that is always on) and a VPN client--that is configured to automatically redial if the connection is dropped--to stay connected to Business Connection. It's been working well for the last 3 months.

    -e
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by eriklars
    Not sure if your circumstances would permit it, but I use a PC at home (that is always on) and a VPN client--that is configured to automatically redial if the connection is dropped--to stay connected to Business Connection. It's been working well for the last 3 months.

    -e
    well I do leave my computer on all the time...can you pm me a link to the vpn client?
  6.    #6  
    I use the PPTP client that comes with Windows XP. Nothing fancy! Just have to have a VPN server address for your company.
  7. #7  
    I got the same outbound message this morning. BC has been a great addition to my phone. The only problem is that since my company upgraded to Notes 6.0, BC hasn't worked. Do any of you know if this new version will support Notes 6.0?
  8. #8  
    I got it also but it said by 10.18 I need ti uopgrade or no more BC.

    Mike
  9. #9  
    MikeRadio wrote: "I got it also but it said by 10.18 I need to upgrade or no more BC."

    I just listened again to the voicemail ("from Angela at Sprint PCS" -- at least it wasn't Claire), and what she says is that after the upgrade is available on Oct. 18th, "you'll need to upgrade by October 26th or you won't be able access Business Connection until you do upgrade."

    So the upgrade deadline is October 26th. After that no one who fails to upgrade loses BC, they just lose access until they upgrade.....
  10. #10  
    I just received my T600 today. What are we supposed to do until the 18th? I know there's a web version of it, but I've never used it before. I've always used the Palm OS version. Damn, but I wish they had rolled the phone and the update out together.

    Ken
    Last edited by Treo_Ken; 10/15/2003 at 11:47 PM.
  11. #11  
    I just got the same thing, but the funny thing is I haven't had BizConn on my account since May I'm gonna just start using it and see if they charge me....hehehe.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  12. #12  
    On Blazer go to 'Vision Home', then "1. Messaging", then "3. Email", then "5. Bus Con PE". After that, you probably want to bookmark it.

    Or in Blazer you could type in the URL "bc.sprintpcs.com" -- no real reason to though, since the menu choices above get you there.

    Same for logging in on a PC browser -- "bc.sprintpcs.com"
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by thekamuzu
    On Blazer go to 'Vision Home', then "1. Messaging", then "3. Email", then "5. Bus Con PE". After that, you probably want to bookmark it.

    Or in Blazer you could type in the URL "bc.sprintpcs.com" -- no real reason to though, since the menu choices above get you there.

    Same for logging in on a PC browser -- "bc.sprintpcs.com"
    Thanks! Armed with that info I may get my T600 provisioned tomorrow and switch, rather than wait.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by jloosli
    The only problem is that since my company upgraded to Notes 6.0, BC hasn't worked. Do any of you know if this new version will support Notes 6.0?
    The current version does support both Notes 6 and 6.5.

    My recommendation would be to uninstall and then reinstall BizCon. Lotus moved some registry entries from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lotus\Notes\5.0 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lotus\Notes\6.0 which might be throwing the config off.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  15. #15  
    When we switched to Notes 6.0, I got a brand new laptop with a fresh copy of Notes 6.0 (not an upgraded 5.0-->6.0). Anyway, I installed and re-installed Sprint BC 4-5 times and every time I tried to connect to Notes, it said it didn't recognize my password. Anyway, after talking to Sprint about it, they confirmed that it didn't work with Notes 6.0 and said that they would have an updated version that should work by early next year. It would be nice to have an early suprise and have 6.0 supported in this new release.

    If you are able to make it work on your computer, I'd be interested to talk to you in more detail about how you've done it.
  16. #16  
    Another thing to look at is to put the Notes program directory (usually c:\lotus\notes) into your system path. That way the BC client will be able to find the notes.ini. If that does not work, then you should do what many of us do to fake out sync software w/ Notes....Duplicate the HKLM\Software\Lotus\Notes\6.0 in a 5.0 tree. The BC desktop client will most surely be able to find your Notes installation then.

    Email me at gregg @ ginsberg . org if you need more help.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  17. #17  
    Can someone briefly explain what biz connection is used for and what its benefits/limitations are? Does it cost anything? sorry, i'm new and about to get a treo.
  18. #18  
    There are about 50 threads out there on this, as well as a link on the homepage of the Sprint site (http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/pr...data/bcpe.html), but here's a quick summary:

    Biz Conn lets you get secure access to your work email (Exchange, Domino) or personal email (POP/ISP/Internet accounts) on your Treo 600, Treo 300, Treo 270, PPC devices, etc. You install a local client onto your Treo so that your emails are synchronized over-the-air onto the device. For individuals who want access to their work & personal email, their is Biz Conn Personal Edition. For companies who want to deploy it, there is Biz Conn Enterprise Edition.

    Besides the client for the Treo phones, you can also use the Blazer browser on your phone or a PC browser. Browser access also gives you access to your work calendar, address book, and documents. (I personally use my PC browser a lot.)

    The main limitation of Biz Conn Personal Edition is that to access your work email, you need to leave your PC connected to your work network (this is the same with nearly all work solutions). If you're just accessing your personal/POP mail on your Treo, you do not need to keep your PC connected to anything. (Also Biz Conn Enterprise Edition does not require the user to keep a PC connected at all, but you can't set that up for yourself as an individual.)

    Hope that helps. According to Sprint, the Biz Conn upgrade for the Treo 600 comes out on 10/18 (this Saturday!)
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by thekamuzu
    There are about 50 threads out there on this, as well as a link on the homepage of the Sprint site (http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/pr...data/bcpe.html), but here's a quick summary:

    Biz Conn lets you get secure access to your work email (Exchange, Domino) or personal email (POP/ISP/Internet accounts) on your Treo 600, Treo 300, Treo 270, PPC devices, etc. You install a local client onto your Treo so that your emails are synchronized over-the-air onto the device. For individuals who want access to their work & personal email, their is Biz Conn Personal Edition. For companies who want to deploy it, there is Biz Conn Enterprise Edition.

    Besides the client for the Treo phones, you can also use the Blazer browser on your phone or a PC browser. Browser access also gives you access to your work calendar, address book, and documents. (I personally use my PC browser a lot.)

    The main limitation of Biz Conn Personal Edition is that to access your work email, you need to leave your PC connected to your work network (this is the same with nearly all work solutions). If you're just accessing your personal/POP mail on your Treo, you do not need to keep your PC connected to anything. (Also Biz Conn Enterprise Edition does not require the user to keep a PC connected at all, but you can't set that up for yourself as an individual.)

    Hope that helps. According to Sprint, the Biz Conn upgrade for the Treo 600 comes out on 10/18 (this Saturday!)
    A big plus for me about BC is the ability to get to any files in my "My Documents" folder or below. In many ways, this function allows me to skip carrying a laptop around. If I need a file that is on my desktop computer, than I just use any PC with an internet browser and grab it. I know that you mentioned it in your response, but it's worth underlining it. Also, by having the internet browsing capability, it really means that any message I have that's too long to use the tine Treo keys to answer, I can still answer comfortably.

    The internet browser capability really turns BC into a VERY useful software service, much more than just reading e-mail on the phone.
  20. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #20  
    I have the old $10 ulimited Vision. Is BC free for me? It isn't listed as an add-on when I go to my plan and it still lets me sign into it on the web site (I had it as a trial back when Vision started, but removed it).

    Thanks,
    Jeff
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions