Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I will be very happy to get the update, as noted in a previous post BC has not been working for me for some time now. In the meantime I use Blazer to get to the BC page, it works OK but not of course on the subway.

Here's my solution to "leaving your PC on all the time". I have a linux box that is always on, serving web pages etc. It runs VMware, and the guest OS is Win2K. This box is always logged on to BizConn, and the actual linux host is in a secure location with no monitor or keyboard attached.

Both machines are running VNC, so on the rare occasion when the BC client craps out I can use PalmVNC to control the windows machine and log back onto BC (or even reboot the windows box, if I am VNC'ed to the host linux box).

Using PalmVNC is also good (though slow) for surfing web sites that don't work on Blazer.
    Anybody think it might appear at the stroke of midnight...somebody's midnight?? Or will we have to wait until bankers' hours on Saturday?
    It hasn't appeared yet and it is Midnight east coast.

I am sure it will happen sometime during the day or morning Saturday... so if ther eis problems they can work on it and not have to work through the night (that I am sure they reserve for mission critical emergecnies).

I am looking forward to 4 of the features of the 6.0...

1) Background syncing... I hate when the old version would just take over my device

2) Attatchment viewing... about time!

3) Over the air updates... Probably won't even have to download the BC client.. probably the get BC icon will do it.. or if you do download it, maybe just this 1st time and then it can update over the air.

4) POP emaila ccess.. so I can check Comcast email as well as work.

Hopefully it won't be long now... I love my Treo 600 but miss the BC!

Mike
    I just signed up for Biz Conn today. I tried searching the forum for an answer to this question but couldn't find one. When I connect to Biz Conn via the web, I can see my Inbox but I cannot see any Inbox subfolders. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a limitation of Biz Conn?

Thanks
    You can't get to subfolders with either the Biz Connection, Snappermail or Visto.
    Maybe the new BC will have this capability, but I doubt it.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    You can't get to subfolders with either the Biz Connection, Snappermail or Visto.
    Bummer. But thanks for the reply. I've been trying to figure this out for the last several hours.
    Anyone see the upgrade anywhere??
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    Anyone see the upgrade anywhere??
    I don't see it and Get BC on T600 says not available
    Originally posted by AshCraft

I don't see it and Get BC on T600 says not available
    I'm on hold right now, trying to find out what's up.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Stickman
    You can get subfolders with Basejet (www.basejet.com), but while it worked fine with the Treo 300, it doesn't seem to be able to sync wirelessly with the 600. I sent them an e-mail to find out if they are working on a fix.
    Jeff
    Anyone have experience accessing an IMAP account with biz conn? I purposely moved all personal e-mail to an IMAP account because I got sick of wirelessly reading / deleting messages and waiting to file them in the office. I also want the ability to go back and grab messages from archive folders on the go. With the old MultiMail, this was all possible but not optimal. What can biz conn do / not do with an IMAP account?
    No update yet...

LOL No need to call them to find out "what's up"!

They said 10/18 they didn't say any particular time!

When it is up I am sure you will find it under the settings section of your BC on the web..... Right now they still have the old Palm and PC clients there.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    No update yet...

LOL No need to call them to find out "what's up"!

They said 10/18 they didn't say any particular time!

When it is up I am sure you will find it under the settings section of your BC on the web..... Right now they still have the old Palm and PC clients there.

Mike
    Mike,

As sad as this sounds, I almost didn't turn on my Treo 600 when I got it earlier this because of the lack of an appropriate client. I can't stand the clunky web interface. At this point, it's my Saturday morning game to keep calling until I find out when today it will be available. In my opinion it was a goof on their part (albeit a minor one) to not have the OS 5 client available from day one.

So far, third phonecall and 5th person...

Ken
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

I'm on hold right now, trying to find out what's up.
    They told me "5 this evening" to check back. Not sure if the CSR I spoke to actually found out this information while he put me on hold or it was just a WAG. We'll see....

Ken
    Ok, I talked with someone at Sprint who gave me the lowdown:

the update won't be available until late tonight -- maybe the wee hours of the morning. I guess when they said "Saturday October 18th" they meant they were going to upgrade the system starting late at night -- not starting late Friday night. [From working in software myself, I know that you typically want to do upgrades like this at night, so that they are least disruptive to people who are using the product during the day....]

So we've got another 18 hours to go, I would guess. Sigh....
    Typical SPCS service. We all get noified and they fail to meet their own schedule. Any idea why the narrow window for the update? Are they trying to force us all to update so they can roll out the new services?

TIA.

Bob Duckworth
    Cory J wrote:
    When I connect to Biz Conn via the web, I can see my Inbox but I cannot see any Inbox subfolders. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a limitation of Biz Conn?
    Actually when accessing Biz Conn via the web you *can* see navigate thru your Inbox subfolders -- it's just not very obvious how....

When using your PC browser, go to your Inbox, then scroll to the bottom of the page, and there's a link in the middle that says "Subfolders". Click on that and all your subfolders will show up. Then you have to repeat the same thing within each subfolder. (For instance if you have a subfolder called "Family Photos" but it also has subfolders within it called "Photos of Aunt Mabel", "Photos of Uncle Gerry", etc. -- then once you've opened the "Family Photos" folder you'll need to scroll again to the bottom of the page, click on "Subfolders" in order to find those next subfolders....)

Pretty clunky, but it's there. I emailed Sprint asking them to improve the design of this, but at least for now it's there!
    Originally posted by rduckwor
    Typical SPCS service. We all get noified and they fail to meet their own schedule. Any idea why the narrow window for the update? Are they trying to force us all to update so they can roll out the new services?

TIA.

Bob Duckworth
    The new update is for Palm OS 5, which, obviously, is running on the new Treo 600. I would guess the update is forced because it makes no sense to support two different versions of the product if one will do.
    Ken,

I totally agree with you about the Business Connection, however in reality the Treo has been available a little over a week... and it HASN'T been available to the general public (or pushed) by Sprint yet or even on their main site.. It was more of a soft launch so I can see how not EVERYTHING is working and ready to go.

Thekamazu,

Yes the updates are usually done at night, however I thinkt he reason Sprint choose a weekend is because there is much less Business on the weekend, and it would be less disruptive.. sort of like when we change the clocks at 2 AM not during the day.

Hopefully it will come up soon... I wouldn't rely on ANYTHING that ANYONE from Sprint says... when you call your are so far away from talking to someone that actually knows anything but stock answers unless they are a geek and really follow everything and most people there don't seem to be (like the guy who said you can not download ringers over the air on the Treo 600).

I am looking forward to business connection just like you guys!

Hopefully it WILL be here sometime this weeked... and maybe they will send out another automated recording or SMS message like they have been doing.

Mike
    Originally posted by thekamuzu

Actually when accessing Biz Conn via the web you *can* see navigate thru your Inbox subfolders -- it's just not very obvious how....

When using your PC browser, go to your Inbox, then scroll to the bottom of the page, and there's a link in the middle that says "Subfolders". Click on that and all your subfolders will show up. Then you have to repeat the same thing within each subfolder. (For instance if you have a subfolder called "Family Photos" but it also has subfolders within it called "Photos of Aunt Mabel", "Photos of Uncle Gerry", etc. -- then once you've opened the "Family Photos" folder you'll need to scroll again to the bottom of the page, click on "Subfolders" in order to find those next subfolders....)

Pretty clunky, but it's there. I emailed Sprint asking them to improve the design of this, but at least for now it's there!
    Thank you very much!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast