Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by jglev
    I have the old $10 ulimited Vision. Is BC free for me? It isn't listed as an add-on when I go to my plan and it still lets me sign into it on the web site (I had it as a trial back when Vision started, but removed it).

Thanks,
    BC is an extra service at an exta cost. However, if they've goofed up and given it to you for free...who are you to complain.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

BC is an extra service at an exta cost. However, if they've goofed up and given it to you for free...who are you to complain.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. And believe me, I am not complaining!
    Jeff
    Wow..

Accrding to Sprint's Business information site about Business Connection 6.0...

1) It "deploys" October 18th.. (which is Saturday.. probably to distrupt business as little as possible for users)

2) It will allow viewing of pdfs and attatchments! I do not know if they will include apps for this or how it will work.

3) It will do background syncing... I am sure many people like myself get very frustrated when Business Connection takes over the device when it syncs... This will solve that

4) It will allow over the air updates to the software.. no more downloading etc...

Sounds great.

Lets see what happens this weekend!

Mike
    Originally posted by jglev

Thanks. That's what I thought. And believe me, I am not complaining!
    Exactly.

(I probably should have put a smiley face around my comment. I didn't mean it as an accusation, more as an amusing comment. Hope you took it that way.)
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

Exactly.

(I probably should have put a smiley face around my comment. I didn't mean it as an accusation, more as an amusing comment. Hope you took it that way.)
    I took it as an amusing comment, so don't worry!
    Jeff
    Originally posted by thekamuzu
    The main limitation of Biz Conn Personal Edition is that to access your work email, you need to leave your PC connected to your work network (this is the same with nearly all work solutions).
    Am I the only one who thinks this makes it useless for work email? I need to leave my laptop on, connected to the network, in my office, in order to be able to read my work email? Maybe I don't get it...
    Actually, I find it extremely usefull to the point that I have traveled without my laptop on several occations. I was able to use an old laptop we would have donated that runs all of the time in my office. Painless...
    Originally posted by Guitar Dad

Am I the only one who thinks this makes it useless for work email? I need to leave my laptop on, connected to the network, in my office, in order to be able to read my work email? Maybe I don't get it...
    I run it on my desktop machine at work.

Maybe one day we will get rid of our blackberrys and go Sprint on the Server with Enterprise Edition but for now, it is pretty reliable and wit the new version Saturday I bet it will be even better.

NOW if we can just get the SMS working!!
    Sounds like it works well, but not in my case. I use a laptop in a less-than-secure cubicle-like office. I always take my laptop with me, and if I left one running on my desk, it would be stolen for sure. Oh well...
    Well I can either pay $5/month for BizConn or one time fee for SnapperMail. With BizConn my desktop computer has to stay on....if it crashes how am I supposed to get my email? I see it has POP3 support......aargh i dunno what to do.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Just to be clear -- if you're using Biz Conn Personal Edition only for POP/personal mail, then you *don't* have to leave your PC on/connected. You only have to do that if you're using Biz Conn Personal Edition to access *work* email. (And you never have to leave it on if your company uses Biz Conn Enterprise Edition...)
    Just to be clear -- if you're using Biz Conn Personal Edition only for POP/personal mail, then you *don't* have to leave your PC on/connected. You only have to do that if you're using Biz Conn Personal Edition to access *work* email. (And you never have to leave it on if your company uses Biz Conn Enterprise Edition...)
    in this case it'll work just as a regular email program?
    in this case it'll work just as a regular email program?
    If I understand what you mean, does Biz Conn for POP accounts work just like other email clients for the Treo, like TreoMail, etc? Yes, in that case Biz Conn works like any other client -- no need to have a PC connected to your company network. (The PC only has to be connected in order to provide access to your company email; if you're just accessing a POP/internet account, then the Biz Conn client can connect directly to your POP/internet service, without having to leverage the PC to do so...)

If I understand what you mean, does Biz Conn for POP accounts work just like other email clients for the Treo, like TreoMail, etc? Yes, in that case Biz Conn works like any other client -- no need to have a PC connected to your company network. (The PC only has to be connected in order to provide access to your company email; if you're just accessing a POP/internet account, then the Biz Conn client can connect directly to your POP/internet service, without having to leverage the PC to do so...)
    one thing I remember when I had BizConn was that if I logged in to the website and clicked email, it would show me what was unread based off of what my Outlook (POP3 based) had read or unread. If my computer is off then instead of checking my computer it would check the POP3 account directly?

I just found out that I could still log into the Biz Conn website, though I haven't had/used it since May. Once I get my Treo I'm gonna see if it'll still let me use it...hehehe.
    Will Business Connection allow you to surf a corporate intranet from the Treo?
    I admit it. I'm chomping at the bit to get BC going again. Hoping they put up the new client on Friday night.
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Well I can either pay $5/month for BizConn or one time fee for SnapperMail. With BizConn my desktop computer has to stay on....if it crashes how am I supposed to get my email? I see it has POP3 support......aargh i dunno what to do.
    I thought BizConn personal edition was free with the Professional Vision pack for $15 a month?!!?!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Wow..

Accrding to Sprint's Business information site about Business Connection 6.0...

1) It "deploys" October 18th.. (which is Saturday.. probably to distrupt business as little as possible for users)

2) It will allow viewing of pdfs and attatchments! I do not know if they will include apps for this or how it will work.

3) It will do background syncing... I am sure many people like myself get very frustrated when Business Connection takes over the device when it syncs... This will solve that

4) It will allow over the air updates to the software.. no more downloading etc...

Sounds great.

Lets see what happens this weekend!

Mike
    Hmmm...but will it be compatible with the Treo 600? I hope so.

Joel
    Originally posted by JBHorner

Hmmm...but will it be compatible with the Treo 600? I hope so.

Joel
    The whole point of the upgrade is to have an OS 5 client. That will make it compatible with the T600, as the current BC client is not.

Ken
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

I thought BizConn personal edition was free with the Professional Vision pack for $15 a month?!!?!
    I think it is....but I have $10 Vision not a Vision pack.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast