1.    #1  
    Hi, I just purchased the 300, but it was used previously by another person. I attempted to activate the phone on my current plan, but after entering the programming code given to me by the Sprint CSR, I get a window entitled "Unlock Wireless Mode."

At this point, I need to enter a 4 digit code in order to enable wireless transmission. In essence, I just paid for an overpriced PDA. The tech I spoke with said it was probably the last 4 digits of the previous number, but I am unable to get the number.

Is there a way to reset this code to a new number or even a factory default? I tried the reset, reset with power button held down, both had no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the phone is NOT locked by Sprint due to overdue balance, so that is not the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    You'll need to contact SPCS to get an unlock code.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply, but I was already in contact with a tech at SPCS and the woman told me I need to get the lock code from the previous owner of the phone.

The lock appears to be on the phone itself, not an SPCS lock. So I really need to know if there is a way to reset the lock to 0000 or 1234 or whatever the factory default is.