1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    What is the current best guess for timing? I haven't seen any posts today?
    i'm betting based on the two resellers for ingram that have them listed with real time inventory check they will be in our hot little hands in the 10/24-10/28 time frame
    Probably by the end of October or early November. Definitely before WNP on 11-24.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    just pushed back to 11-28- sigh...another textbook launch by handspring...
    The GMS Treo delays have made me seriously consider switching to Sprint. But when I compare the plan details with my current T-Mobile plan, it just doesn't make sense for me.

But the delay drives me crazy! By the end of November, I will be saving for Christmas and it will be harder to justify spending $400 on the upgrade.

I wonder why the CSRs at Handspring tell us it will be a "few weeks" when it will be longer than that.
    i called them just a few minutes ago to see what they'd say- apparently either the script hasnt been updated- or they will just try to get the jump on everyone and sell direct off the site...

i do however, find it hard to believe that they'll be able to sell any "locked" gsm versions, because they simply do not have carrier approval yet, meaning aside from the software image that has to be on the phone, the phone itself hasnt been certified by cingular, att or tmobile for their networks....
    urgg... can't believe the ingram date is 11/29 now - this bites - i only hope that handspring is saving the first ones for sale through handspring.com and that we will still see them by the end of the month - otherwise handspring risks that HP will sway me away by announcing their GSM pda phone (which if it is based on the WANDA design could be significantly smaller than that XDA beast).
    Anyone remember the 270 launch? Specific similarities with 600 GSM launch? The 600 GSM launch seems more messed up.
    I called HS too and the lady told me before the end of the month,i told her that it was delayed on an internet site to 11-29 and she told me before the end of october for sure

Marc-Andre
    Originally posted by prospects
    I called HS too and the lady told me before the end of the month,i told her that it was delayed on an internet site to 11-29 and she told me before the end of october for sure

Marc-Andre
    Still hope. Any chance you asked her why the other retailers were indicating delays into late November?