1.    #1  
    If you have not heard, the latest version of SPCS BC (V.6) will be released on 10/18. The features will include:

Pocket PC Email Client
    Attachment Viewing
    POP3/IMAP Email client
    Background Synchronization
    Enhanced Data Security
    Wireless Client Auto-update

A reminder to delete the BC Palm client from the Treo as well as the BC desktop software before installing Version 6.0.
    I just got my automated call from Sprint on the upgrade. She sounded like Claire's more nerdy younger sister.

Anyway, attachment viewing? I'll believe it when I see it. I'll bet it's not native on the device, but you have to go to the website. Do you know?
    I have BC, but did not get a call. I am looking forward to getting it back up and going..

Please post when it becomes avail.
    Roger
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    I just got my automated call from Sprint on the upgrade. She sounded like Claire's more nerdy younger sister.

Anyway, attachment viewing? I'll believe it when I see it. I'll bet it's not native on the device, but you have to go to the website. Do you know?
    Actually, I thought she kind of sounded more peppy and sexier than Claire. In terms of attachment viewing, I haven't been able to find anything out yet. SPCS hasn't posted the updated user manual so far as I can find.
    It works in the background? OMG! This is fantastic!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    What do you think "background synchronization" means? I'm assuming that you still can't have any other data / voice activity while it is synch'ing.

TL
    Other data service, probably. Other voice service, definitely not.
    I received the message to update as well. When I went to the website given in the message, it only provided a link to download the software for the Enterprise Edition of Bus Connection. Where do you download the software for the Personal Edition?
    Try... https://bc.sprintpcs.com for Personal Edition... they have a registration link there as well.
    This "background syncronization" is garbage! All it means is that it syncs without turning the screen on. You still can't do anything during a sync. Boooooooo.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    This "background syncronization" is garbage! All it means is that it syncs without turning the screen on. You still can't do anything during a sync. Boooooooo.
    You are right.. all buttons do nothign and the screen is dark when it syncs "in the background"

Mike
    Actually, cool. If you press on a hard button, it looks like you can leave the BizConn app while it's syncing and it indeed does it in the background. Color me corrected.
    Yes, while background sync is going on, I am able to use the other apps w/o any problem -- Palm contacts, Palm calendar, etc. Of course I can't make a phone call b/c the Sprint 3G network allows you to do voice *or* data, not both simultaneously. But it looks to me like sync only takes about 8-10 seconds each time, so I doubt this will be any issue....
    Hmm... as long as it syncs in the background and does not turn on the display when the device is sitting idle then that sounds like a good feature so it does not drain the battery as fast right?

Also I think the background syncs will occur when you are in another application on the device but maybe you guys can confirm as it seems I popped back to the app and my mail was sync'd up according to my sync settings.

The only thing I am confused on here is when you guys refer to a dark screen... what exactly does that mean?
    I just noticed that if you hold down the mail application button for a second or two, it will do a wireless sync without your opening the lid. I think that's new.
    Originally posted by gerry
    I just noticed that if you hold down the mail application button for a second or two, it will do a wireless sync without your opening the lid. I think that's new.
    Wow that IS cool!

Yes that is new.....

ALso, no annoying BING BING system sound that you can't shut off when it starts to get messages... Now you can just turn on alerts on the palm if you want a bing.... That is a BIG plus.. I was so annoyed by allt hat BINGING.
    Do you guys know where the message goes when you put in the saved folder on bc? Does it end up somewhere on our laptop when you sync? Like in an Outlook forlder on you pc?
    In addition to one-button sync check out the tie into the 5-way navigation button... you can navigate around pretty easy but it takes getting used to it.