1.    #1  
    I transfered a few pix to the treo and they look extra blurry once they were imported into the treo. I thought the images on the t300 was bad! Anyone else try this out yet?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Mine look good. Are you resizing them to 160x160?
    how do i transfer pictures to the treo from my laptop? also which viewer is decent freeware?
  4.    #4  
    go into your handspring software folder in your startmenu and you will see a pictures folder. add images you want into the transfer folder and sync!

i let the camera resize them on its own. i'll try resizing them myself later tonight.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Also the viewer in the camera app is not that good.

Make one a wallpaper if you don't have any other viewing software to see a better version of it.
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    I transfered a few pix to the treo and they look extra blurry once they were imported into the treo. I thought the images on the t300 was bad! Anyone else try this out yet?
    What are the dimensions of the images that you transferred? Were these large JPEGs taken from a camera?

If so, then you may want to consider downsizing the images on your PC before transferring them to the treo (keep a copy of the original if it is important to you). This is a good ideo for several reasons. First, it will save space. Why store a 1600x1200 picture on a device that can only display 160x160?

Secondly, displaying a 1600x1200 picture on the treo requires that the camera app throw away a lot of the pixels that were in the original photo. If the original is 1600x1200, then 1 out of 10 pixels will be thrown out.

The camera app has an algorithm for doing this. The blur that you see is the result of that algorithm. If you downsize on the PC first (with an app like paintshop pro, gimp, or photoshop), then you can pick and choose the downsizing algorithm. Furthermore, those apps probably do a better job of downsizing than the software in the treo.

H