1.    #1  
    ok - I understand that the headphone socket will provide an output which I can plug into my aux kit for my car (MINI Cooper S!!!) to play MP3's direct through my cars head unit

In a (handsprings) car kit I am assuming that it would use the same output i.e. head phone socket to feed an integral speaker and a external microphone

My question is will the 600 be able to play the MP3 then when a call comes in it will switch to output voice?

What would be even cooler is if I could have the voice output direct through my car speakers and use an external microphone - so all I would really need would be a cradle for the Treo to hold it and provide power. In this scenario my question is can you buy cables that break out voice out put and input (mic)

On a related note the handspring rep I talked to said that the car kit would indeed work with sprint - they being sprint were concerned about vehicle interface so would not condone the use -I am not sure why GSM Vs CDMA would be in much different in terms of interference (800 vs850vs1900Hz) but I am sure some EMC engineer could chime in..
    Last edited by spaner; 10/15/2003 at 02:15 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Bump

what I need...

Treo600 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo out lead with a seperate microphone

That way I think I can play phone through car speaker via the car head unit aux kit input and also when not in phone mode will play MP3

Any ideas - I do not have a radio shack close to me so was hoping somebody could point me to a suitable online site?

Spaner