1.    #1  
    I know some threads said Sprint was planning to offer the $100/$150 deal to existing customers starting 10/15 but I haven't seen any further information about it.

Anyone have any recent info?
    Here you go:

http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/

You can check to see if you are eligible by clicking the link above...

The basics:

- Have the same PCS phone for the past 18 months

- Sign an advantage agreement or renew your current contract

- Rebates will be mail-in only

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much, gfunk. That was precisely the information I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I've had my Treo for less than 18 months.
    Last edited by DelMelo; 10/15/2003 at 09:39 PM.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Here you go:

The basics:

Does that help ANY treo 300 owner? Treo 300's weren't around 18 months ago
    The upgrade deal directly from Handspring for existing Treo users is better than Sprint's deal anyway... $200 and no need to renew your contract. Check it out:

http://www.handspring.com/promos/tre...questid=576313
    Edward G Lee
    Originally posted by elee@ulgm.org
    The upgrade deal directly from Handspring for existing Treo users is better than Sprint's deal anyway
    Well, I was hoping to take advantage of both the Sprint and Handspring deals
    Here you go:

The basics:

I have had the same pcs phone for over 18 months, but it is not the one associated with my account (anyone want to buy a samsung sch3500? jk ). I have been with sprint for maybe 6 years now, and I will probably be with them for quite a bit longer, but there is no way I am signing a 2 year contract. I guess all my old girlfriends were right about me, I am commitment-phobic.
    Originally posted by bbdwebz

Well, I was hoping to take advantage of both the Sprint and Handspring deals
    Me too. I still plan on at least trying to!
    Has anyone gotten this to work? When I bought my 600 (from Sprint), I was told that if I renewed my contract for 2 years, I'd get $150 off. The phone arrived yesterday and the mail in rebate coupon says nothing about the treo 600. Talked to four different people at cs and they are clueless.

sp
    When I called, the rep said they were only offering the $100/$150 offer for customers whose contracts had expired.
    (ie, those with month-to-month plans)
    Here you go:

The basics:

mail in only? How do i get a hold of this rebate form to turn in? is my kyocera 6035 a PCS phone?
    andres
    i was lucky enough to get in on the treo upgrade as my 300 was only 9 months old so for $200, i got a 600! jay
    jay, can you break your price down, discount by discount, to explain how you got your T600 for $200? the lowest i've been able to price out is around $250 (order from HS and sign 2 yr. Sprint contract). Note: the $250 does not include shipping, tax or a Sprint activation fee. you must have signed a 2 yr. deal, but i don't understand how you saved the extra $50 and avoided all these other costs. thanks.
    sprint had a program that if your treo was less than 1 years old, they would take it back and give u a $400 credit. You had to have them ship u a new treo 600 and bill your acct for a new on, they would send you a mialier, which they did to sned back your old one to them and then they credit your acct $400! However, I think thgat this program was dropped this past weekend, you can call them and ask them if the upgrade proogram is still being offered, if they do not kno keep calling and asking until you get someone who knows one way or the other. However, I did read on this site that they dropped it a few days ago! so sorry, take care, jay
    I got mine phone today and did the Sprint CSR jig to get it activated.

I'm an existing Sprint customer that is out-of-contract (been on the same phone for over 2 years). I bought my 600 from Handspring using the $200 Treo 300 upgrade plan.

In the end, I had called back 4 times until I got a decent CSR, but even then, I didn't go away all that happy.

I ended up finding that out that none of the CSRs would allow me to get the $100/150 new contract credit. They all insistented it required you to purchase the phone directly from Sprint, either online, on the phone, or in the store. None of them would budge on any service credits.

The last CSR I talked to was pretty cool though, and I decided to see what I could actually get. In my particular case, I was activating the Treo and putting my old phone as an "Add-on" so that my girlfriend could use it and share minutes. She doesn't use the phone that much, and we were paying for a full account on another carrier.

I specified:
    - 500 minute plan, Unlimited Evenings and Weekends.
    - Add-on phone with shared minutes.
    - Vision on one phone (the Treo).

They added it up to the standard Sprint cost for this: $80/mo.

At first, I asked if there were any incentives for existing customers. She looked it up, and said that there were not. I was not happy with that answer. She said, "well, I could extend the free evening minutes from 9pm to 8pm." I was like "hmmm, that's a start, but how about giving me free PCS-to-PCS calling instead"? She said she wasn't authorized for that. So I said "I that something the Retention dept could give me?" And she said if I could hold, she would ask them.

(much time passes)

"No, they said they don't offer that. However, they can offer you a plan with each line at $40, with 4000 minutes on each line." I was like "Wow, that's a lot of minutes, but it's a lot more money!" It didn't include Vision (another $15/mo), so the total would have been like $100/mo. I asked if I could still do the shared minutes with that (basically, only get one of these $40 uber-minutes accounts). She said she'd check, and put me on hold again. No dice, she said "It's a special they have right now and you can't share minutes." Bah! I told her "that's a great offer, but it's way too much money for me and doesn't suit my needs." I was honest about that, my girlfried barely uses her phone, especially during the day, so that may minutes would be a waste for us.

I hemmed and hawwed a bit about switching another provider next month. Finally she said, "How about I give you the extended evening minutes, plus 5% off the total bill?" Sensing that was all I was going to get out of these guys, and being tired after a couple of hours of talking to CSRs, I took it.

When I was done, I felt like I bought a car, not a phone.

I love the Treo already, though, and I haven't even been able to make a call yet (waiting for provisioning).
    all i can say after spending just 30 min. with my t600, is that i thought the 300 was cool, this really has it beat and man is it fast, far far fatser on the internet that the 300, I also noticed retiving of files on the phone book was much faster. take care, jay
    ps glad u did so well. it is about time companies treat us like gold!
    IanL: you mention they "took 5% off your total bill"... what was the base? Was it 5% off the price of the Treo 600 you purchased? Or was it 5% off the price of the $40/month service they offered?

Also... are you saying 4000 minutes on each line?! Or was that a typo and it was 400 minutes? (If 4000 minutes, that sounds like a HUGE number. If 400, then it just sounds very standard.)

I am in similar circumstance and this would be helpful to know, before I call them.

Rock on,

Buddy
    Originally posted by buddy
    IanL: you mention they "took 5% off your total bill"... what was the base? Was it 5% off the price of the Treo 600 you purchased? Or was it 5% off the price of the $40/month service they offered?

Also... are you saying 4000 minutes on each line?! Or was that a typo and it was 400 minutes? (If 4000 minutes, that sounds like a HUGE number. If 400, then it just sounds very standard.)

I am in similar circumstance and this would be helpful to know, before I call them.

Rock on,

Buddy
    No, they gave me 5% off my $80 bill each month, so $4. Not the Treo. I had already bought the Treo.

Yes, oops, that was a typo. It should have been 1400 minutes. I missed the "1". But still, that's a lot of minutes. Personally, it was more than I need to pay an extra $20 a month for. I just wouldn't use them.

I should point out, I'm not suggesting you can and will get these exact same discounts. The main points I wanted to make with this story is that:

- Sprint is not honoring the $100/$150 service credit for signing a new contract if you didn't buy the phone from them,
    - It's a good idea to deal with the Retention department.

I'm not sure if I would have fared better to have dealt with the Retention dept directly, if that's even possible. I've never done that. Not saying it's not possible, it's just out of my experience.

I just remembered a couple more things. I got the first 2 months of Vision free (it's $15/mo), and no $36 charge for activation. These are both standard offers they have currently, so make sure you get them.
  19. tdf
    I clicked on the link above and I am eligible for the rebate. Does anyone have the referring link that would show the details for the rebate (e.g. how much, how do you request it, etc.)? Thanks.
    If you bought your phone from Sprint, you should have already been told about the rebate. If not, call them back.

If you haven't bought your phone yet, ask about the rebate when you order.

If you bought your phone from Handspring, I don't think you can get the credit. I tried. Maybe someone else with greater powers of persuasion that I will be able. More power to ya if you can!

All four CSRs I talked to made a point to mention the rebate before they found out I already had my phone. Then they told me I was SOL.