1.    #1  
    How do you disconnect the wireless web? The only way I can do it so far is by turn off the wireless mode and turning it back on. Any other solutions?
    Go to the Preferences (prefs) and go to the Network panel. Then simply tap the Disconnect button at the bottom of the screen.

What motivates you to want to disconnect? It has no cost implication.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Go to the Preferences (prefs) and go to the Network panel. Then simply tap the Disconnect button at the bottom of the screen.

What motivates you to want to disconnect? It has no cost implication.
    It does have battery life implications
  4.    #4  
    I'm not sure why. I guess i read in the past, with the t300, it might drain the battery faster since it is actively being connected. I could be wrong.
    Makes sense to see if this helps battery life... generally an asleep 1xRTT connection should not cause data to ping very often. It should only crank the battery when there are green arrows.
    Originally posted by treo600mad

It does have battery life implications
    T600mad, do you have a source to base that on? If I can improve my battery life by disconnecting, that might be worth the extra time to reconnect.

I always thought that the grey arrows mean that you're connected but not transmitting.
    ON GPRS the SONY ERICSSON T68i battery life is significantly reduced if the GPRS connection is active...

i guess it would appply to any other phone
    Originally posted by treo600mad
    ON GPRS the SONY ERICSSON T68i battery life is significantly reduced if the GPRS connection is active...

i guess it would appply to any other phone
    GPRS shouldn't do anything noticeable to the battery life. Your phone deosn't transmit anything when not actively browsing except for a small burst when you cross a RAC boundary.

1x shouldn't really be any different.