1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 600 from a local Sprint store.

The Senior Sales Rep at the local Sprint store told me that beginning today (October 15th), Sprint is offering the customers nationwide an option of $150/$100 mail-in-rebate on upgrade of existing sprintpcs phone provided that they have had the existing phone for over 18 months and account in good standing.

He said that this offer is for existing customers nationwide and a Sprint company email was sent out mentioning this.

Now the problem I have is this. There was no mail-in-rebate form specifically mentioning this at the store so he gave me a mail-in-rebate form that says Buy 2 phones, get 1 free. He told me to just put my phone number in one section (rebate form has space to put both phone numbers) and send the mail-in-rebate form. He told me that they will pull up the account when they get the rebate form and apply the rebate to my account.

Now I am concerned that if I fill the mail-in-rebate form that says buy 2 phones get 1 free for a different type of rebate, the mail-in-rebate processing company (it's a different company from Sprint)might deny my rebate for using the wrong form.

Then I called Sprint Cust Service by dialling *2 from my phone. The customer service guy told me that he is not sure if the phone upgrade mail-in-rebate covers Treo 600. He told me he can't find it on system and put me on hold and came back and told me that he can't find anything.

Then I called 1.877.789.3969 (number on Handspring's website) and lady told me that she is not aware of any such thing for existing customers and that I need to go back to the store who told me about the mail-in-rebate to get the rebate form and mail it.

Then I called back the local sprint store and talked to the guy who told me about this offer. He told me that those customer service reps don't read their emails. He said that an email was sent out to all Sprint people regarding this mail-in-rebate offer and that Treo 600 is included.

Now I am wondering what should I do because the guy sells me the phone mentioning this offer (phone upgrade for existing customers who have had the phone for at least 18 months with $150/$100 mail-in-rebate for signing new 2year/1 year contract) but doesn't have the mail-in-rebate form that says that.

Has anyone of you heard about this or did the guy just lie to me to sell the phone ?? Should I return the phone and buy one from Handspring and just get a new line and then cancel the old one after a month ?
    My 5+ years in dealing with Sprint CSR is to ALWAYS make them document any offer they try to sell you in your account detail. If they document the specifics of your conversation you should be protected. Many people fail to have the CSR document the specifics and get screwed , especially when they negotiate non-standard rate packages.
    beginning today (October 15th), Sprint is offering the customers nationwide an option of $150/$100 mail-in-rebate on upgrade of existing sprintpcs phone provided that they have had the existing phone for over 18 months and account in good standing.
    AND you have to extend your current contract. 1 year extension for $100 rebate, $150 for a 2 year year extension.

They aren't giving the money away for free. They're giving it to you in exchange for a longer commitment.

Larry
    What's your "local Sprint store"? I'm dying to try this thing out, but now that I know it will be a lot cheaper if I wait 6 months to get that rebate, maybe I should just be patient.
    I've only had my TREO 300 for 12 months as well. I have to imagine that the Sprint customer service reps should have some flexibility on that 18 month requirement...
    I have recently purchased 2 phones. Can you email me a copy of the rebate form which states buy 2 phones get 1 free?

rlewis@alliancetech.com
    Roger
    If you have a 300 why would you not take advantges of the Handspring upgrade plan?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    It sounds like you can get this rebate *on top of* the handspring upgrade. This is great news, since I was just about to call up Sprint and try to get them to give me a $100 contract extension rebate. I was prepared for a fight, but it sounds like once this gets into the "CSR pipeline" it will be what I want...