1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up Eurdora e-mail on my Treo 600 to access my e-mail account with Comcast.net.

Has anyone been successful sending and receiving e-mail from their Treo using Eudora with a Comcast account?

If it isn't possible with Eudora, might it be possible with SnapperMail?

In any case, if you've had any success, I'd be very appreciative if you could share with me the appropriate settings.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    I've been using it with Snappermail for a long time and works like a charm!

In SM under server info:
    POP3 Server: mail.comcast.net
    user name: <user name> only
    password: <password>
    SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net
    user name: <user name> only
    password: <password>

That's it!

There is no SSL authentication needed.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi. For ages, I was successful in sending mail via my T300, however a month or two ago, every mail just gets "stuck" and when I go to send mail, it sits at connected, negotiating. Incoming mail is fine.

Identical problem on my 600 and i reinstalled EIS 2.1 with no change.

Any thoughts?
    I used comcast with snappermail and works great.
    andres
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I have optimum online and they reject any sending email that doesn't originate from their system (I get a relaying not allowed msg in the log of Snappermail).. so I have to set the outgoing email to smtp.sprintpcs.com with my sprint username & pw, then have the reply to address the OOL one.

Receiving works fine.
    Originally posted by msgott
    Hi. For ages, I was successful in sending mail via my T300, however a month or two ago, every mail just gets "stuck" and when I go to send mail, it sits at connected, negotiating. Incoming mail is fine.

Identical problem on my 600 and i reinstalled EIS 2.1 with no change.

Any thoughts?
    I have the same problem. I think comcast is denying use of smpt.comcast.net as a relay if you're outside their network (ie not at home). I changed my outgoing server to smtp.sprintpcs.com, no SSL - I'd forgotten my user/pass, but it was easy enough to get that straightened out with CS.

Mark
    This must be an issue w/Sprint because I have no problems at all on my 270.
    I even have Outlook set up on my laptop w/Comcast so that when I'm in the office and connected to the DSL I can still get my Comcast email and I'm outside the Comcast network connected to SBC DSL
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone