1.    #1  
    I basically want to be able to plug my sync cable from the treo to any USB port and read the file stored on my SD card. Does such an app exist? Is it possible? If it is possible and hasn't been written I'd like to try to write it open source. Any one have any ideas for resources about creating such an app?
    Try Card Export...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Card export is windows compatible only and requires you to install a driver on any PC that you want to read files from your PDA on. Is this correct? I was hoping to complete functionality of a USB flash drive, i.e. no drivers, mac and linux support.
    Last edited by rchang713; 10/15/2003 at 09:29 AM.
    Hmm...that would be interesting. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $such$ $app$ $exist$ $for$ $PalmOS$. $I$ $suggest$ $you$ $go$ $to$ $the$ $developers$ $forum$ $at$ $Palmsource$ $to$ $get$ $more$ $info$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My solution was to buy the MicroTech Zio! Card Reader/Writer For MultiMediaCards / Secure Digital™ Cards. Just ordered it, so I havent used it yet, but they claim driverless recognition of the SDC on XP systems. Should work fine.

The ZiO! plugs directly into a standard USB port. Just insert the appropriate memory card and plug ZiO! into the USB port on your notebook or desktop computer. The computer will instantly recognize the card, allowing quick and easy data transfer. For systems with a USB port in the rear, a 1-meter extension cable is even included.

I found a good price at

Meritline.com
    http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/mizicareform1.html

Hope this works for you
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Try Card Export...
    I think i tried this software... Does it work with the treo 600?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?