Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody know what the flashing * in the top Left corner on the wallpaper screen is for? It is right over the "Spr" in Sprint on the screen.

Thanks,
    Russell
    Is that the voicemail indicator?

-christopher
  3.    #3  
    Good answer, but I do not think that is it. If I have a voice mail, an envelope appears in the top Right corner.

Thanks,
    Russell
    It is an alert reminder...
    Use the stylus to click on it, and it will show you the active alerts...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have a blinking asterisk on the top left of my screen. It is driving me crazy. I have no SMS messages no VM messages. No nothing. Does anyone know what the blinking asterisk means and how do I turn it off?

Thanks,
    I've only seen the blinking asterisk when I had hit Snooze on an incoming SMS.

Does anything happen when you tap the asterisk?
    Originally posted by bubba9
    I have a blinking asterisk on the top left of my screen. It is driving me crazy. I have no SMS messages no VM messages. No nothing. Does anyone know what the blinking asterisk means and how do I turn it off?

Thanks,
    It means you have an appointment reminder, or some other kind of reminder, like a todo list reminder. If you click it, it should bring up the reason, and let you get rid of it.

Mike
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Now I feel dumb... I clicked on the asterisk and it popped up a 'snoozed' message. Thanks for your help.
    Glad I could help.

Mike
    When viewing the phone screen of my SprintPCS Treo 600, I see a flashing asterisk in the upper left corner.

Any idea what this means?

Thanks,
    Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee
    Hi Ed,

That's funny you ask that--I just encountered the flashing asterick yesterday for the first time. I couldn 't find anything in the manual about it, but I believe it has something to do with appointments that have the alarm enabled. I used the alarm reminder for an appointment for the first time and this happened to be when the asterick started flashing. I guess it does this until the appointment passes.
    That's to tell you that you have a reminder / appointment. If you tap the upper corner(where the asterisk appears) you'll see the details.
    Thanks for the quick and helpful responses.

Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee
    This is funny, I had the same experience yesterday. I had tried to send an SMS message (directly from the SMS key). The Asterisk started flashing afterward and I couldn't figure out what it was. I had receved a message back that the messaging service wasn't available yet. Once I deleted the message the asterisk went away. I sent another message to make sure this is what is was.. and voila... there it was again until I deleted it.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Tom
    This is the Treo 600's way of letting you know that an alert went off.

Now, I don't know what the lert went off of ... a cliff, his rocker, whatever ... but he just went off. Chuckle

Just check each one and it will stop. Hope this helps and you had a little smile.
    Edward G Lee
    I now have a flashing snowflake in the top left portion of my screen-right on top of the SP in sprint. Any ideas? BTW the red T I had indicated that somehow I had turned the TTY/TDD mode (hearing impaired).
    Click the snowflake. It will take you to the SMS you haven't yet read.
    I don't use SMS so I can't vouch for Ken's explanation but I do know that if I have calendar events that I ignore for long periods of time, then I get the asterisk in the top left corner and if I click it then I'm taken to a list of event reminders that I need to acknowledge before the asterisk will go away.
    Oh, c'mon guys -- you both know that it's the self destruct indicator.

Run, jfscars48. Run for your life. (Note: put the phone down first.)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast