Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Brown
    My Treo 600 has a flashing star (almost like a snowflake) in the top left hand corner of the screen. If I perform a soft reset it goes away but it always returns after a few hours or couple of days at most. What should I do?
    Click on it. It means you have an alarm set. Clicking on it will bring up a dialog box that will tell you what the alarm is for.
    Clicking on it with a mallet will make it go away for good.
    It's also the SEARCH icon, as in SEARCH before you post!

...and to spare us another redundant thread, it's your GPS location icon (cuz I'm sure that'll be next)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I honestly think some of these posts sprouting up are jokes. I just can't imagine...
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    I honestly think some of these posts sprouting up are jokes. I just can't imagine...
    My post was genuine. Unlike you, my life does not revolve around my mobile phone/PDA - it is a tool, NOT a lifestyle. Hence, when I need help I ask for it or buy it. I find the number of very stupid replies to my post very disconcerting. It's a sign that human intelligence and decency levels are falling at an alarming rate. If you have nothing sensible to say to me then keep quiet!
    Julian,

If your post is in fact genuine, then any absurd replies you received are only due to the ignorance of your question...one that can be quickly answered with a quick look through the manual that came with your tool. If that's too much effort, a little time spent on the web (google, here) would provide the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Brown
    My post was genuine. Unlike you, my life does not revolve around my mobile phone/PDA - it is a tool, NOT a lifestyle. Hence, when I need help I ask for it or buy it. I find the number of very stupid replies to my post very disconcerting. It's a sign that human intelligence and decency levels are falling at an alarming rate. If you have nothing sensible to say to me then keep quiet!
    We don't mind helping somebody who appeared to have done some homework.

Lack of intelligence, is shown by one's ability to read and comprehend, try it sometime.

Maybe, then your posts will be sensible ?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    He should have done a search, but to his defense, that particular issue is not included in the manual...I know only because I had the same exact question and believe it or not, i did go to the manual first, then called and the first tier support for treo did not have an answer....

Notice those with the funny satirical responses are from those with posts of 500++, guess that how they got to such high numbers. Guess they have nothing to do with their spare time or lives :-(
    Ahhh, another rant thread. I luv 'em.

Julian Brown, here's a thread that's a much nicer response for you than the posts you've read here. The original postor also took the replies in good stride:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82619
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtsm
    He should have done a search, but to his defense, that particular issue is not included in the manual...I know only because I had the same exact question and believe it or not, i did go to the manual first, then called and the first tier support for treo did not have an answer....

Notice those with the funny satirical responses are from those with posts of 500++, guess that how they got to such high numbers. Guess they have nothing to do with their spare time or lives :-(
    Nope, regs are helpful.

But some newbies expect everybody to walk them through each question step by step, without the slightest research on their own, after time, this begins to rub against the skin.

We are here to help, the joking helps ease our "POST RAGE", otherwise we would take it to a whole new level.

We have lives, we devote some of our life to help others.
    We got the numbers helping others for years.
    I love this forum!! It really does bring joy into my life..... I was having a rough day but five minutes at TC fixed it in a jiffy!!! A sincere thanks for these kind of posts.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    If someone is "humiliated" by the harmless ribbing going on here then I think they need to see a therapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If someone is "humiliated" by the harmless ribbing going on here then I think they need to see a therapist.
    Dunno Dutch...that may require a search of the Yellow Pages.

Seriously, this one paricular question seems to get asked regularly. Of all the questions, this is the most easily answered as I pointed out in post 16

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=16

No manual would be required. No search involved. TAP THE FRIGGIN BUTTON, IT AIN'T GONNA EXPLODE!!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Clicking on it with a mallet will make it go away for good.

THAT is funny!
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Dunno Dutch...that may require a search of the Yellow Pages.

Seriously, this one paricular question seems to get asked regularly. Of all the questions, this is the most easily answered as I pointed out in post 16

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=16

No manual would be required. No search involved. TAP THE FRIGGIN BUTTON, IT AIN'T GONNA EXPLODE!!!!
    Baaaahahhaa. I know its easy and I agree with what you're saying. I did a search for "asterisk" that produced about 20 threads with about 5-10 of those threads having specific info on the question. No brainer, I agree. A search on "Star" only threw about 2 useful threads but either would've answered the question. Search is a good thing and a time-saver.

Insertion - love the avatar. He's got my hairline.
    Just because it's been a recent topic I read this whole thread. I am utterly amazed at how many people asked the same question and got the same answer so many times. At least five people asked the same question about the asterisk. In the same thread.

This leads me to one conclusion. Not only are many people to too (edited) to read the manual, too (edited) to search, but they are also too (edited) to read the rest of the thread they are posting in. I guess it could be laziness and not (edited) but I really wonder.

What is wrong with people? How do these folks get dressed in the morning? Hold down a job? Reproduce? (hopefully they arent doing much of the last one.)

Going to go wrap my head in duct tape before it explodes.

EDIT: I recieved a PM from one of the moderators admonishing me for using descriptive terms that are deemed to be not nice or whatever. I have removed them.
    Last edited by Woof; 04/30/2005 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Just because it's been a recent topic I read this whole thread. I am utterly amazed at how many people asked the same question and got the same answer so many times. At least five people asked the same question about the asterisk. In the same thread.

This leads me to one conclusion. Not only are many people to too stupid to read the manual, too stupid to search, but they are also too stupid to read the rest of the thread they are posting in. I guess it could be laziness and not stupidity but I really wonder.

What is wrong with people? How do these folks get dressed in the morning? Hold down a job? Reproduce? (hopefully they arent doing much of the last one.)

Going to go wrap my head in duct tape before it explodes.

In all fairness I think this thread is the product of several merged threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    In all fairness I think this thread is the product of several merged threads.
    I'm more interested in the product of your merged avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm more interested in the product of your merged avatar...
    meow?!?!?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast