Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Aliens... trying to contact you with a secret message... click the star to see what it is! LOL.

But seriously... the star is a Palm Background process. It can be email, like Versa Mail or Handspring Mail with a new email notification, or perhaps an MMS or SMS notification... really, click the star, and you'll find out!
    <
    Does anybody know what the blinking star in the top left corner of the display means when the mobile is switched on? it's highlighted in blue and occurs in every application.

Thanks
    It means you have some sort of an alert. Touch the star and you will find out!!!
    Treoseur
    Originally posted by fizios
    Does anybody know what the blinking star in the top left corner of the display means when the mobile is switched on? it's highlighted in blue and occurs in every application.

Thanks
    According to the manual it's the "you missed some alerts" notification.

Out of curiosity did you think about tapping it with your stylus

Of course the Treo 600 is designed to be used without the stylus, nice of handspring to not let the 5-way navigate to this icon.
    All of a sudden today my 600 shows a blinking asterisk in the upper left corner of the screen.

Does anyone have an idea what this is ???
    Quote Originally Posted by taximan
    All of a sudden today my 600 shows a blinking asterisk in the upper left corner of the screen.

Does anyone have an idea what this is ???
    That blinking blue asterisk is an alert. Could be because an alarm, or sms, or some other application triggered it to go off; if you didnt do it yourself.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Thats odd... try tapping it...

<snickers>
    Often happens when you have voicemail or an email...
    Also don't forget to download alert utility that allows you to access the alert manager w/o pulling out the stylus:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...e=Alerts&cid=3

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Also don't forget to download alert utility that allows you to access the alert manager w/o pulling out the stylus:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...e=Alerts&cid=3
    G, this alert utility did squat for me, I still had to use the stylus.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    IF so it's the treo butler way of telling you about meetings etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    G, this alert utility did squat for me, I still had to use the stylus.

Really? Works fine for me. I have Alerts set to the letter "a" on the thumbboard and have K launch setup via Treobutler. Thus whenever I have an alert, instead of pulling out the stylus and tapping the flashing asterisk, all I have to do is press the letter "a" and the alerts dialog comes up showing me all my active alerts. Another option would be to set it to one of the hard keys via prefs...try it out...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    How do I stop the flashing asterisk in the upper left hand corner? I've shut off all the new mail and alarm notifications I can find and it still pops up to tell me of new mail on Palmone Pop3 client and alarms in the standard calendar (outlook synch) app?

What am I missing?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    How do I stop the flashing asterisk in the upper left hand corner? I've shut off all the new mail and alarm notifications I can find and it still pops up to tell me of new mail on Palmone Pop3 client and alarms in the standard calendar (outlook synch) app?

What am I missing?
    Thanks!
    touch it then clear alerts.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom

What am I missing?
    Thanks!
    It means sump-thins wrong, darlin'!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I don't think I was clear. I know if I touch it, it brings up the alerts and goes away. But it comes back 15 minutes later when it checks the mail again. How do I get it from not alerting me to new mail?

I know I have new mail.........I always have new mail
    I don't think you can turn it off for every. You can, of course, select "clear all" after you tap on the asterisk.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I think if you go to Alerts in the mail program and check 'Alert me of new or waiting email', then the asterisk stops, but then you get the 'pop-up' alert each time. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Best advice? Download Mark's new email app that he says will be available on Monday.
    I have the same complaint. It's making me want to switch back to palm Eudora (which has its own problems, btw)
    My Treo 600 has a flashing star (almost like a snowflake) in the top left hand corner of the screen. If I perform a soft reset it goes away but it always returns after a few hours or couple of days at most. What should I do?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast