Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hmm.. Maybe it's a standard flashing reminder that apps can trigger?
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    Ya - I think that must be the deal Ken.
    It's a bomb.
    The snowflake is a holiday reminder that Christmas is coming. It starts one month out. In mid January it will be a heart - a reminder to get your sweetheart something nice.
    Originally posted by dspires
    get your sweetheart something nice.
    Yes: get your sweetheart a bo-- ...oh, forget it.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    The "snowflake" tells you that there are pending alarms or sms messages (if if you don't think you have one, you may) ... hit the snowflake and it will take you right to a list of the alarms you have ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Oxymoron is itself an oxymoron:

oxy = sharp
    moros = dull

Difficult to top jumbo shrimp.
    snerdy,

i thought it was funny.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have an unclocked Cingular with a Tmo sim card. All of a sudden I have a flashing asterisk on the top left hand corner on the screen and I don't know how to get rid of it. Aside from that, everything is working ok. Is this a carrier issue or a hardware problem alert?
    Ed
    It usually means you have a reminder (from the calander) or an unread text message. Also, if you hit Snooze for an alarm it will stay there for the diration of the snooze. There are probably more reason it is there but this is what I have run into.

When you click on it what does it take you to?
    how many times this topic comes up.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Try tapping it with your stylus. It is an alert of some sort.
    Thanks Mskeen for the prompt reply. I just googled it and got my answer. Should have done that before posting.
    Ed
    This is really hilarious. I've been using my Treo for only 5 days and I think I only used the stylus a couple of times. I got so spoiled with that navigator that I didn't think of using my stylus to tap on that damn flashing asterisk. I was trying all kinds of directions to "navigate" to the top left hand corner! Oh well

Sorry for the quick-draw post
    Ed
    I let a friend of mine compose mail on my Treo 600 so that she could test the keyboard. She's accustomed to a Blackberry, so she was wondering how to scroll to the next field. I showed her by tapping the screen. She said, "Oh yeah!"

Another friend was asking how to click on a link in the browser. I said "Just click it" about 5 times before he understood, and he's got a Palm. He could've also used the 5-way nav, I guess.
    Originally posted by rhong
    I let a friend of mine compose mail on my Treo 600 so that she could test the keyboard. She's accustomed to a Blackberry, so she was wondering how to scroll to the next field. I showed her by tapping the screen. She said, "Oh yeah!"

Another friend was asking how to click on a link in the browser. I said "Just click it" about 5 times before he understood, and he's got a Palm. He could've also used the 5-way nav, I guess.
    Tell Blackberry users to press the right button on the D-pad. There are other quick key shortcuts on other built-in applications. They'll appreciate that better. We x-Blackberry users don't like styluses to slow us down.
    damn asterisk...how come peole cant figure it out and just click it. this problem has come up way more than i think it should have. oh well...thats what the forum is for.
    Today, on my Treo600 Sprint model, noticed a flashing star in the Upper left corner over writing the Sprint name.

What does this mean?

David
    Tap on it to see any notifications you missed.

Yeah I know, it's supposed to be handsfree so why did Handspring put a icon on the screen you can't navigate to???
    Originally posted by idfdavid
    Today, on my Treo600 Sprint model, noticed a flashing star in the Upper left corner over writing the Sprint name.

What does this mean?

David
    Three wise men on camels shall visit your house tonight bearing gifts for the Baby Treo.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast