Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those of you who have - or, like me, are awaiting - your new Treo 600, what's the first accessory you're going to buy? What about software?

For me, it will be a good case, and then maybe an SD card.
    Well, I just read on the Handspring site under the section "what's in the box" and it does not show that it includes a car power adapter. I figured they would include that as they did with the Treo 300. I have yet to get my 600 as it is "Awaiting shipment"
    But I certainly do need a car power adapter.

Jerry
    1. a big fat SD card....I had one waiting.
    it is now full of music and programs.
    and I will buy another one.

2. screen protectors.. cut them to size myself

3. extra stylus..just in case, although I bought them
    for my 300 and didnt use them all

4. and so on.
    I believe the car charger from the Treo 300 is compatible with the Treo 600.

See: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t38202/s.html
    Last edited by Mendi; 10/15/2003 at 08:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Mendi
    I believe the car charger from the Treo 300 is compatible with the Treo 600.
    It is, but not everyone had a 300 before this.

Luckily I did.. as well as USB charging & hotsync cable (wish they had put this in too, I hate that power supply brick! )

I can't wait for the full size keyboard
    the boxwave sync/charge retractable cable w/ the car lighter adapter... and some sort of headset/earbud (haven't decided on the best one of these yet)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I'll Need:

- A couple of charge/sync cradles
    - Full size keyboard
    - Skullcandy combo headphones
    - Simplistic iPod type case with belt clip (would prefer hole for headphones to plugin)
    - 256MB or 512MB SD card (Simpletech or Panasonic)

That's all I can think of now.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I'm still waiting for my Treo to ship, but thanks to the wonder of eBay, I have a 256MB SD card coming in the mail already.

I ordered the stereo headphone adapter when I placed my order.
    SD card (256 MB)
    case
    audio adapter + headphones
    external keyboard
    car mount
    external GPS
    screen protectors
    BT SD card **
    wifi+256 MB SD card **

** not available yet..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    SD card (256 MB)
    case
    audio adapter + headphones
    external keyboard
    car mount
    external GPS
    screen protectors
    BT SD card **
    wifi+256 MB SD card **

** not available yet..
    If you're not real picky about style of headphones, it looks like handspring will be offering a pair of stereo headphones that plug directly into the device (no adapter needed). The adapter is really only if you have a pair of headphones already that you want to use.

I already bought a 256mb SD card and will be using the sync & charge cable and car charger I already had for my treo 180. The list of new stuff I want to get includes:

1. those stereo headphones
    2. a case -- well, actually more like a purse with a suitable phone pocket on the outside (I go for convergeance even with my fashion accessories!)
    3. possibly a BT card (when it becomes available) & a BT headset
    4. some spare SD cards and a carrying case to hold a bunch of them
    Originally posted by njchris

It is, but not everyone had a 300 before this.

Luckily I did.. as well as USB charging & hotsync cable (wish they had put this in too, I hate that power supply brick! )

I found that if you listen to music etc from the headphone jack, you get a sizable background whine from car's electrical system, that varies in pitch with engine RPM if you are connected via the cig power adapter from a T300. A T600 one would probably do the same, but I dunno.

EDIT: no I don't listen to headphones while I drive. In connect to the car stereo aux jack.
    These boxwave sync/charger retractable cables ROCK !!!!
    Everyone should have one. And I just saw that at the Boxwave.com site, the version for the Treo 600 is on sale for 1/2 price !
    where do you see the half price deal? i'm in. link please?
    How does the Boxwave product compare with the TreoCentral's S&C Chargers? Are they same? It takes almost two hours with a wall charger in my office to fully charge the t600, how long for the trickle charge?
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Bump! I would think that it would be about the same?

If you use the car or wall adapters, it should be exactly the same, right? I'm gonna order one either way.

Come onnnnn cradle!!!! Need it!
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    The Treo 600 does not come with a car charger. Furthermore, it comes with a warning card saying that the 300 car charger is **NOT** compatible with the Treo 600.
    Boxware and TreoCentral a selling virtualy identical looking cables. My question about time to charge was the difference between the USB trickle charge on the S&C cable and the Boxware cable vs a wall connection.

I also wonder if I would get my cradle faster from Mobile Planet or Handspring.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Let's see... I already have the Car Lighter Adapter and the Stereo Headphone Adapter, but I must have (read NEED NOW!):

1. Bluetooth SD Card
    2. Bluetooth Headphone
    3. USB Docking Cradle
    4. a couple of 1Gb SD Memory Cards
    5. Wi-fi SD Card w/additional memory
    6. Car Mount Kit

I'll be good to go once I get those!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast