Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When you playback MP3s on the T600, can it play it on the internal speaker (the same one used for the speakerphone)? Or must you attach an ear phone?

Also, I've seen some SD FM radio cards. It looks like all of them must use an ear phone attached to the SD card itself. Are there any that will work off the internal speaker?

Jerry
    Pocket Tunes plays through the internal speaker...as a matter-of-fact, I haven't tried to use stereo headphones yet as I don't have an adapter, but if you plug in the mono headset, the music still plays through the speaker. From what I have read, stereo headphones cut out the rear speaker...can anyone verify this?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    Pocket Tunes plays through the internal speaker...as a matter-of-fact, I haven't tried to use stereo headphones yet as I don't have an adapter, but if you plug in the mono headset, the music still plays through the speaker. From what I have read, stereo headphones cut out the rear speaker...can anyone verify this?
    Yes - stereo headphones cut out the rear speaker. Tried it last night.
    I also wonder about those FM cards, if they will work in the 600. Would be nice at a gym, where the TV's have stations setup.

I doubt they would work thru the speaker, tho... just thru the card itself, makes sense.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Does anybody know why the original Treo 600 mono headphone does not work with Pocket Tunes, but the old one from the Treo 270 work just fine but does not work for the phone (hang-up)?
    Is there a setting to make it work?
    Originally posted by Chrigel
    Does anybody know why the original Treo 600 mono headphone does not work with Pocket Tunes, but the old one from the Treo 270 work just fine but does not work for the phone (hang-up)?
    Is there a setting to make it work?
    the older treos (270/300) used a 4 ring 2.5mm jack. The T600 uses a 3 ring 2.5mm jack. BTW, the 3 ring is pretty much standard for all other cell phones and even works with my cordless (landline) phone. If you wanted to use a standard 2.5mm headset on the T300, you had to have a special adapter.
    Carl
    my treo was working just fine until yesterday.
    got the adapter from handspring, used the headphones while cycling, worked great for 2 hours. then got home, unplugged the headphones and adapter and the mp3 (or any sound) does not come out the rear speaker.
    plug in the hands free or adapter with head phones, it works.
    plugged them out, nothing... did soft, medium and hard resets, yet nothing.
    tried to take it to 3 stores around miami, and they do not have the equipment to test it and do not have the phone to replace it. sprint is sending one out.
    frustrating, hope that it does not happen to the new phone.
    andres
    Now we just need to get a TV tuner card developed for the Treo...
    Originally posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek
    Now we just need to get a TV tuner card developed for the Treo...
    You mean something like this? Unfortunately, its only MS...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

You mean something like this? Unfortunately, its only MS...
    Well if it is from SONY then hopefully we will see that coming to palm too - since sony itself doesn't built much of ppc right?
    treo tv? maybe, but probably not anytime soon. It wouldn't surprise me if sony were to keep it for the clie line exclusively. When they first came out with mp3 capabilities, it was something they tried to use to set the clie apart from other handhelds while they could. I could see them trying the same thing here.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by afcuadros
    my treo was working just fine until yesterday.
    got the adapter from handspring, used the headphones while cycling, worked great for 2 hours. then got home, unplugged the headphones and adapter and the mp3 (or any sound) does not come out the rear speaker.
    plug in the hands free or adapter with head phones, it works.
    plugged them out, nothing... did soft, medium and hard resets, yet nothing.
    tried to take it to 3 stores around miami, and they do not have the equipment to test it and do not have the phone to replace it. sprint is sending one out.
    frustrating, hope that it does not happen to the new phone.
    Sounds like something got bent in the hole for the headset or the microswitch is stuck on. It is probably still porting the sound out of the headset hole even though you removed the headset adapter. Maybe try moving the tip of the headset adapter around the hole to see if you can get the sound to come back. Good Luck.

Marc
    just heard from a sales assoc from ibiz - Mike Matthews - that they are in the process of testing the sd radio card for use with the treo 600 and will most likely have results within a week or 2

I am on his email notification list so as soon as I hear I will repost.

PS - went from "awaiting Shipment" to "SHIPPED"!

WOO-HOOOO!!!!
    I had the same exact problem with my T300. After plugging and unplugging the jack a few times it began working again. I was never able to replicate the problem so it does not appear to be a "plagueing" problem.
    I am using AeroPlayer with my Treo 600 with some good ear phones and I am very impressed with the sound quality. It is easily twice as loud as my Palm Tungsten T, and the quality is clearer and better fidelity.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Originally posted by rc46
    I am using AeroPlayer with my Treo 600 with some good ear phones and I am very impressed with the sound quality. It is easily twice as loud as my Palm Tungsten T, and the quality is clearer and better fidelity.

Do you have to remove Pocket tunes before you install Aeroplayer?
    if money was an issue to some of you guys, wouldnt it be easier to buy something like a Sonic Rio MP3/FM player for $100?

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sonicblue_Ri...ml?tag=upidmlp

It's pretty small and cost probably half as much as a radio SD card may cost. What do you guys think? Buy a seperate mp3/fm player for half the price or get a FM sd card?
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    if money was an issue to some of you guys, wouldnt it be easier to buy something like a Sonic Rio MP3/FM player for $100?

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sonicblue_Ri...ml?tag=upidmlp

It's pretty small and cost probably half as much as a radio SD card may cost. What do you guys think? Buy a seperate mp3/fm player for half the price or get a FM sd card?
    The SD radio card costs about $50 and will integrate into the treo essentially as a single inline device - no need to carry around a separate phone/pda and music player

for obvious reasons, tho, if you are a true audiophile, you will likely have a separate audio device to hold your 20-30 gigs of music anyway, possibly with an fm tuner built in... but in the end the SD radio is more convenience for those who want the radio option at a low cost and without the hinderance of lots of devices to carry...
    sorry, for some reason i thought it was $200+. maybe i was thinkin about a gps. i take my thoughts back on that, $50 is better then $100 for a seperate device.

somebody posted this site before:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/sdppo.html
    From looking at it, it would seem like the current pocketRADIO wouldn't work in the Treo 600, as the part that sticks out past the SD slot would run into the antenna on the Treo (due to how close the SD slot is to the antenna).

Unless the company plans to make another model where this problem doesn't happen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast