Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, check this thread out:

http://www.mmplayer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=394

The video area is re-sized to 160x120. SO has anyone tried watching a movie (mpg,divx) on the Treo600 yet?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yep...works great!
  3.    #3  
    Cool!! Glad to hear it works! Could tell us what kinda framerates your playing at? Is it choppy? What kind of files did you play, avi, divx, mpg? Any info regarding your experieces woudl be appreciated...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have been using it since last week and it works great. I have encoded television shows as MPEG-1 files at 192kbs and 29.97 frames per second and have not had any problems. To be honest, you can't see much of a difference at a lower frame rate as I have encoded some videos at 15 fps and the difference is hardly noticable.

I have been watching the first season of 24 (never saw it when it was first broadcast) and at the specs above one episode is about 80mb.
    Wow... maybe it's time that I hacked my new TiVo, which I've been putting off, to able to get shows off of it I'll wait till I get my unit and try some videos to see if the quality is worth it at all.
    i installed mmplayer and the treo600 skin but when i try and run it pops up and says "only been tested on palm and sony devices so may not work continue anyways?" is that normal?
    Can you help.

got it loaded, but when I go to preferences...I get a soft reset...

and ideas what is wrong.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I seem to be following Ben around this morning. I have the same problems when loading the current release of mmplayer. I also have a problem hotsyncing the .XML skin file to my SD card. Hotsync says there is no app loaded for this file type.

What have I done wrong ?
    Originally posted by Ben in NYC
    Can you help.

got it loaded, but when I go to preferences...I get a soft reset...

and ideas what is wrong.
    Same problem here, when I go to preferences it resets?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Originally posted by rventuri
    I have been using it since last week and it works great. I have encoded television shows as MPEG-1 files at 192kbs and 29.97 frames per second and have not had any problems. To be honest, you can't see much of a difference at a lower frame rate as I have encoded some videos at 15 fps and the difference is hardly noticable.

I have been watching the first season of 24 (never saw it when it was first broadcast) and at the specs above one episode is about 80mb.
    Hey rventuri,

Can you tell us which programs and codecs you're using for the encoding?

So far I've tried Virtual Dub with DivX 4.12, DivX5.1 and Lame MP3. My current goal is to play Simpsons episodes on the 600 (given that they're cartoons and not particularly detailed, they should do well in 160x120).

Unfortunately, with both DivX codecs all I get is maybe .5s of sound and no video before MMPlayer stops.

Thanks for your help!
    I have an ATI TV Wonder Tuner/Capture card that I use to capture MPEG-1 video.

From that point, I use TMPGenc to encode the video and audio as a MPEG-1 file at the proper specs.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

As I posted before I encode it at 192kbs and usually 15 fps. I have also used 29.97 fps and that works also. I really haven't seen that big a difference on the Treo with the lower frame rate and the file size is smaller at the lower rate.

That is pretty much it.

I have also tried to encode as a DIVX file using Virtualdub, but haven't had any success.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I encoded DiVX with Dr. DiVX, but it always goes out of sync pretty quickly.

I'll have to try mpeg1...

But I did use Kinoma Producer and encoded a Reboot episode and it looked really nice.

I've got to play around more.. just not enough time!! Darn work!
    I'm so bummed that I won't be getting my 600 until next week. I have a flight from NorCal to Chicago Sunday and would love to encode Matrix Reloaded and have it on my Treo for the flight.

Could you imagine the number of units I could sell to people on the flight if I had a movie going?

Heck the Sprint customer referral credits alone could keep my $85 per month plan free for some time...
    If you haven't been able to run mmplayer due to the Sony/Palm error, try downloading the "experimental" v0.2.3 build instead of the "stable" build. Support hasn't been in there long enough to test the stability.

Two other things. One, mmplayer ain't a bad MP3 player either, but ain't as good as pTunes yet. can't wait until one app can do it all. Two, it is so cool that I could read this thread, go out to the mmplayer site, download, install, and run the app, and then come back here to comment, all without needing my PC for ANYTHING.
    Has anyone tried MMplayer with any streaming content?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    For those of you who want to get this app running on your Tro 600 and are having the software reset problem, you need to use a card reader to copy the Treo600_skin.xml file to your SD card. That fixed it for me. Now using it for MP3 playback and testing AVI playback.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yes, make sure you use the skin. As far as encoding, Dr. DivX worked great for me - Just make sure you use these settings:

(quote from the MMplayer forum where I posted this first)

Using newest version of MMPlayer and Dr. Divx - I rencoded a file in "Handheld certified mode", used a "Low" quality file (brings bitrate down to 100) modified the settings manually and set the audio bitrate down to 16.00 Khz audio down to 32 Kbs, and mono sound and left the rest default. I'm sure I could have toyed with it a bit. I reencoded a DivX file that already was a small file. Next step is to try to encode a Family Guy episode from DVD.. see what happens..
    CAn you access this site using IE?..... Seems that I can only get it on my T600.....

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    CAn you access this site using IE?..... Seems that I can only get it on my T600.....

IGo
    Umm... what?
    Can't seem to access www.mmplayer.com using desktop Internet Explorer.....? Is this a mobile site only??

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast