Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just talked myself into buying a Treo 600, and I was wondering what 3 apps you guys and gals feel that are must haves for all of us Treo 600 owners?
    snappermail (unless you need IMAP/push)
    Verichat
    PDAnet (once it comes out)

Those are my three favorites! Oh, and don't forget Treohelper once it gets compatible!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/15/2003 at 02:40 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Verichat
    PDAnet (once it coems out)

Those are my three favorites! Oh, and don't forget Treohelper once it gets compatible!
    Those are my three favs too for my Treo 300. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    PDANet is great, a must get in my eyes.
    [Moderator's note: Affiliate links not allowed]
    Am having problems with Verichat on Orange, France. According to PDAapps my provider might block the port ranges 4001-4100 and 5001-5100. I've contacted Orange but it might take weeks until I get an answer. I tried to fully uninstall and reinstall Verichat since during the first install I skipped the signing-on page. However, when reinstalling the software it reuses my previous settings. Does anyone know what else, except the Verichat application itself, I need to uninstall to remove all Verichat files from my Treo? Thanks.
    my 3 favs too
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Verichat
    PDAnet (once it comes out)

gfunkmagic,

looks like they read your mind and updated the software for PDAnet today so it can work with the treo 600

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

does sprint allow you to use it as a wireless modem? is it fast? i have used the sprint merlin wireless card and it works ok (70-80 kbps) will this application do the same?
    andres
    you'll probably get more like 14.4 - 19.6 or am i wrong?
    scuse my ignorance, but what's pdanet?
    software that lets you use your treo as a modem (for a laptop for example) through the hotsync cable
    Originally posted by afcuadros

gfunkmagic,

looks like they read your mind and updated the software for PDAnet today so it can work with the treo 600

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

does sprint allow you to use it as a wireless modem? is it fast? i have used the sprint merlin wireless card and it works ok (70-80 kbps) will this application do the same?
    KEWL!! Actually, you'll get similar transfer rates on the Treo as well. Heck I was getting close 80 kbps using PDANet on my Treo300, I figure this should be the same on the T600...

As far as Sprint, yes this is agianst the TOS, but the general "rule of thumb" is that the Sprint Loyality Group doesn't put a flag on your account unless you go over 1 GB/month. However, nothing is verifiable but that number seems about right according to my experience and what I read of others. However, I would never advise anyone to use this as the only ISP...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is there a PDAnet equivalent for mac users for the treo 600?
    WirelessModem from Scott Gruby, found at

www.notifymail.com
    bump for more suggestions!
    [Moderator's note: Affiliate links not allowed]
    What about an Office solution? Those of you that need one, do you use Documents to Go or QuickOffice?

Also,
    Is it worth having a Microsoft Outlook replacment? I've read that the phone will only want to dial from the contacts that are in the imbedded contact manager (and will probably not work with a replacemnt program... i.e. beyond contacts)

Thanks,
    Leo
    documents to go 6 is awesome and now works with snapper mail
    What about AvantGo or Vindigo ???

Also, has anyone tried Sprint PCS Business Connection???
    I love avantgo. It has a bug here or there, but the new version for OS5 works great with the 600 and supports the 5 way pad and wireless updates. I don't even sync avantgo with my PC anymore.

I also find FileZ (free file manager) and Bob's Alarm ($4.95 alarm clock app) to be indespensible.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Don't forget wordsmith from bluenomad and agendus from iambic. The first is an excellent writing program and the second replaces the calender with something much easier to use.
    Did you actually get Wordsmith to work? Mine got flagged as a "problem program" with OS5 when I synched the T6. I prefer WS' interface to WTG's by an order of magnitude.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast