Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I was trying to clean up all my previous T300 apps on the 600 and tried to delete TreoButton, but it wouldn't let me. So, I went into the app and selected "default" and then deleted it.

After that, when I pushed the "Option - Lightbulb" button, the calculator opened (as that was the default in TreoButton). I then reinstalled TreoButton and set the "Option - Lightbulb" button to "Nothing" and now the button combination does just that -- nothing!

I deleted the remnant TreoButton file using FileZ, but still nothing. The only other file I can find is Buttons_HsBt_panl_a68k, but FileZ will not delete it.

Anyone know how to get the KeyGuard button back?? BTW, I would prefer not to do a hard reset...

Thanks for your help!
    TL
    Have you gone to menu->preferences->keyguard?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yep, I did that. Sorry I should have mentioned it. THere is no option there to remap the button. I've also tried Prefs -> Buttons, but KeyGuard is hardcoded.

Thx,
    TL
    what's your objection to a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Guess I could do a hard reset, it just takes so long to re-synch everything....

I will probably do that if I don't have any other suggestions by tomorrow afternoon.

On a brigher note, for those that want to remap the "Lightbulb" button, we now know that TreoButton works! :-) However, please note that it does not let you do any Shift + remapping. Maybe the clever fellows that developed it will fix that (and include an option for KeyGuard while they are at it.

Thx,
    TL
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    OK, I did a hard reset and it didn't make any difference. Thinking I'm clever, I did another hard reset, but I deleted the Buttons_HsBt_panl_a68k.PRC file from my backup directory before restoring everything. Still no go.

Anyone have suggestions???

Thanks in advance,
    TL
    I don't know which database contains that preference, but it seems that it keeps getting restored after your hard reset. If you can't find out which it is, you could hard reset and use a fresh profile and install the applications/data you use onto it.
    Originally posted by treolover
    Hi all,

I was trying to clean up all my previous T300 apps on the 600 and tried to delete TreoButton, but it wouldn't let me. So, I went into the app and selected "default" and then deleted it.

After that, when I pushed the "Option - Lightbulb" button, the calculator opened (as that was the default in TreoButton). I then reinstalled TreoButton and set the "Option - Lightbulb" button to "Nothing" and now the button combination does just that -- nothing!

I deleted the remnant TreoButton file using FileZ, but still nothing. The only other file I can find is Buttons_HsBt_panl_a68k, but FileZ will not delete it.

Anyone know how to get the KeyGuard button back?? BTW, I would prefer not to do a hard reset...

Thanks for your help!
    TL
    treolover:

Go to preferences-Buttons and then hit the "Default" Button in the lower left hand corner.

If this does not work reinstall Treobutton and set Treobutton to select anything like the calender. Do a soft reset. Go back to Treobutton and select nothing. Then go to preferences-Buttons and then hit the "Default" Button in the lower left hand corner.

This should work.

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 10/15/2003 at 02:50 AM.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich