1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have an intermittent display flicker?
    Mine seems to have this annoying habit at indiscriminate times! It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's very distracting.

I don't want to be picky, but I'd like to know if it is a take-back issue, or par for the course.

Thanks,

Clay238
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    my backlight flickers a tiny bit occasionally when it's plugged into the USB cable w/ the power cable attached. that's the only time i've noticed it though
    I don't even have mine yet but I already know I'd have it replaced if it happened to me. Seems like a loose connection with the backlight. Software conlicts can't do that.
    Adjusting the contrast changes the refresh rate slightly. Flicker is normally a perceived effect caused by the harmonic of two flickering light sources - usually flourescent strip lighting and an lcd screen.

You sometimes get flicker too when looking at lcds in direct sunshine but there is nothing to done about this until screens stop having a refresh cycle.
    I have the flickering problem, what should I do?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    you should email tech support. if it's a severe flickering, they'll give you instructions to get it fixed.
    My display flickers randomly, not all the time. I noticed today that it flickered with all the other lights in the room off so that it wasn't the clashing of florescent lights. It usually only happens when my display brightness is all the way to the left (darkest, to save battery). Has anyone come up with a cause or solution other than replacement?

Thanks!

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    I notice mine flickering when I Opt-P to turn the keyboard lights on, but not any other time.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    dropped my baby a couple of weeks ago & the flickering started after that...

Today, I had enough and since I was hesitant to have to get it replaced with a refurb (actually, I was just pissed off and needed to vent), I decided to try a low-tech fix - I slapped the back of the Treo with my hand. not hard, but enough to make a sound.

well, no more flicker since this morning!

You would think they would put this in the troubleshooting section of the manual...
    My original Treo bought in November had significat flicker. Weird, I noticed it happened a lot when I would set it down on my desk. My newest one (replaced in January?) has very slight flicker occasionally, but its still there.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    finally my brothers!
    yes i have the same problem when i get my usb charged in it will flicker oocasionally, got it replaced, i will see if the new one does the same thing or not.
    ok i still got it, so i think it has something to do with the changing in signal strength,
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashless
    my backlight flickers a tiny bit occasionally when it's plugged into the USB cable w/ the power cable attached. that's the only time i've noticed it though
    2nd me there with that
    Palm III - Kyo 6035 -Treo 600