1.    #1  
    Does anyone use the Treo 600 for eBay browsing like I do?
    I use it to check the value of completed auction items to see if flea market items areworth buying for selling on ebay.

The Treo 300 Blazer was awesome!

However, the new Blazer doesn't work so well.

Any listing found over 100 items or so it tells me that it cannot continue to download the page because it is too large.
    My 300 never gave me that message.

When I try to use iPanel, in less than 2 minutes the whole unit completely resets on me everytime!

What's up with that?????

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Clay238
    I bought a T300 when they first came out myself. I wanted to use it to check prices of completed items on eBay, and found that the PQA was the only thing that was useable - Blazer was way too clunky, xiino compressed lmage links and made them useless, Eudora doesn't show images, etc. Now I have a T600 and REALLY like it, but I STILL can't do a decent search of eBay completed items.

For one thing, eBay has so much garbage on their web pages that it takes forever to load a page, and besides that, if the search returns too many results my T600 chokes and resets. Whats up with that!?

Is there ANY way to do eBay completed item searches on the T600? Personally, I would be willing to pay for software that had this functionality, because it would help me a lot, and like I say, it was one of the main reasons I purchased a Treo and Vision in the first place.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've been following that thread since it was started, but none of the suggestions are useful. I am looking for a COMPLETED ITEMS search. The only thing that worked on the T300 was the PQA - although the completed item search flaked out on it a few weeks back. I just checked the mmm.ebay.com link and it isn't working (although you still can't do a completed items search from it anyway, which is what I am looking for).
    Thanks for trying tho..
    I am lurking here, watching the discussions on my TMob Sidekick. I am so lusting after a T6. My contract isnt up yet, unfortunately. But this problem with browsing on ebay is a big issue for me. This is no problem for me with the sidekick. But my phone has so many other issues. Hope someone finds a fix.
  6.    #6  
    I found a solution to the problem.
    I was able to download the previous copy of Blazer on my T600
    and now I have TWO Blazers; the new AND older version.
    The older versions works great with the Completed Auction views. The only problem that I can't find a solution for is this:

.... when I put new bookmarks in the "old" Blazer, they all disappear and wind up in the NEW Blazer's bookmarks!!!

Figure that one out!

Thanks for any other suggestions.

Clayton
    I guess nobody else uses the Treo for surfing eBay either, I had a thread that just kinda died without an answer even though the freaking box for the 600 actually shows an eBay auction in a picture of the phone in action. Go figure.

Rey.
    Well... after searching and searching, I haven't found the perfect solution, but, after reading this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=webpro.html I have found that WebPro 3.0 (patched) works MUCH better for searching eBay completed items! It doesn't freeze my T600 if the search contains more than 50 results, and it is much faster than Blazer.

Here's the thread from cliesource http://www.cliesource.com/forums/sho...d/t-28725.html

I haven't used it extensively as yet, but so far so good.
    I just ran full tilt into this problem today. One of my biggest uses of the Treo is for searching completed Ebay auctions when I'm out hunting for collectibles. This worked FINE on my Treo 300, but now I can't do **** on Ebay! I have upped the cache size, turned off image browsing, hell I even have 256MB SD card in the damned thing. NOTHING works.

After 3-4 attempts to display different Ebay pages that result in the "page too large" error, I get a message that tells me that I'm out of memory.

It's as if (1) some f*cking moron hard-coded a page size limit in the software, and (2) there's a damned memory leak to boot!

Blazer 3.0 is completely unusable.

I love everything else about the device, but they f*cked up bigtime on the browser upgrade.

Can you tell I'm pissed?

-Dan
    Even the new wap.ebay.com site is lame. There's no completed auction search and other listings don't include prices until you browse to individual items. Perhaps someone out there will take advantage (oops, I mean pity) on all us would-be Treo 600 eBayers and work up a killer solution. I'd be grateful and willing to beta-test.
    Peace
    Joel
    Trust me there is a definite need for a decent palm friendly ebay site.

The one available in the PQA thread is the only one that works for me but the results of an auction item search is limited to one item at a time. But i do send my thanks to the author. I used to use mmm.ebay.com but last month it stopped working from the search. As i pay 1c per KB Im really looking for something similiar to the way mmm.ebay.com used to be. Any ideas? Thanks...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Have any of you guys tried using Abidia Mobile for ebay?

Abidia Mobile brings the experience of online auctions including eBay to the palm of your hand. Experience the freedom that only a mobile device can offer. For all of your online auction needs, use Abidia Mobile to manage your auctions for you. While on or offline, you can easily check the status of an auction on sites such as eBay and Yahoo! Auctions and bid on any auction you desire. Abidia Mobile brings the experience of online auctions into the palm of your hand.
    It's not free, but it seems like a nice solution for all you hardcore ebay folks...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm really looking for a wireless solution. Abidia requires information to be exchanged during HotSync. I appreciate the suggestion though and would be grateful for any others...

Peace.

Joel
    Have you tried it? The webpage states:

You will love the convenience! Abidia Mobile also supports W-Fi. If your PDA is Wi-Fi enabled, you can enjoy your auctions in realtime!
    I'm still waiting for my Treo600, or I'd try it....

Originally posted by epsteinj@mimh.edu
    I'm really looking for a wireless solution. Abidia requires information to be exchanged during HotSync. I appreciate the suggestion though and would be grateful for any others...

Peace.

Joel
    Yeah, I was under the impression Abidia supported online ebay browsing as well, or at least online sync on the Treo...but I haven't tried it yet myself to make sure...

Didn't try/buy Abidia because in everything I read, it is hotsync which is totally useless.

I purchased a Treo 300 when they first came out, specifically for browsing eBay completed items when out and about (I had just quit my job of 14 years and am doing eBay selling, and the ONLY thing that worked decent was the eBay PQA - which quit working before I bought the Treo 600 anyway).

WebPro (patched) works better than Blazer EVER did for eBay. There is NO freeze if there are over 50 results returned, and you can set the image prefs to make it really fast if you want. I've had some problems with images, but seeing completed items with titles AND ending prices is good.

I am aware that this may not be "legal" software, but I would definitely buy it if it was commercially available, since eBay is my bread and butter.
    I just picked up a copy of auctioneer from one of the usual places. It looks like the perfect solution, however I cannot get it to actually display updated info....it lets you type in a ebay item # and then gives you up to the second information....but like I said it doesnt work. Anyone got any solutions like this one that actually works....I got web pro patched but havent tried that, I would like an app that would let me browse and search and watch.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Abidia works just fine as a wireless ebay tool for the Treo 600 -- just make sure that you download the proper version from their website. I have been testing it this week and have been very satisfied thus far. It is easily the best ebay mobile app that I've used.

Now if I could just find a mobile "sniping" app . . .

David