1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a wireless LAN SD card that will work with the Treo 600?
    Sandisk has a wi-fi card that only has drivers for Pocket PC for now, but they plan on having Palm OS drivers "soon." Realistically I will be happy to see it by the end of the year... Keep an eye on them!

http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/sdwifi.asp

~O
    Has anyone tried using the Enfora Wi-Fi Case with the Treo600? Seems like a good soution to me b/c it saves the SD slot for expansion and has its own external battery...

Edit: Oops, never mind. That only works with Palms that have PUC. I wonder if they have an IR version though...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/15/2003 at 03:04 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    From Sandisk: 12-7-03
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.

We do not have Palm support and do not know when we will. There are business issues with Palm Source that are preventing us from delivering a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact our technical support department toll free at 866-SANDISK (866-726-3475). Our technical support team is open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm PST. Have a Great Day and thank you for choosing SanDisk!

Best Regards,
    Jerad

SanDisk Technical Support
    -----
    I called Socketcom's product manager and he said that it's pretty difficult to make the SDIO wireless card available for the Palm OS, and he wasn't able to tell me when they will have support for the Palm OS, something is in the works though
    Originally posted by rjj15
    There are business issues with Palm Source that are preventing us from delivering a solution.
    Well, that certainly sounds like they were trying to be diplomatic and not blame anybody, while simultaneously blaming somebody. Heh heh.
    Does anybody know what these "business" issues happen to be? Are they just a SanDisk issue or is this likely to put a stop to other makers? I'm after Bluetooth right now more than anything.

I definitely hate it when the techology is firmly established but a product doesn't reach a hungry audience because of corporate spats and marketing hangups.

- Aaron
    ---
    Aaron's MAME'd Millipede:
    http://sparhawk.sbc.edu/MAME
    This is exactly why I never support Macintosh and Palm. Not that I like Microsoft, but because of the open world of PC. At least MS never prevent another company from delivering a hardware driver for Windows. MS is very open on this regards and that's why it is big. Apple and Palm always want to show their apple on their palm, but they meanwhile don't allow anybody to take a bite. Little, mean and cheap, deserve to be small and struggling. Sadly, many people think that these losers are nicer companies than MS.

Okay, I'm canceling my SprintPCS service and stop waiting for a PDA, phone and BT integrated unit. I'll live with my SE T610 and any PPC I like for a while.
    Originally posted by Fixup
    This is exactly why I never support Macintosh and Palm. Not that I like Microsoft, but because of the open world of PC. At least MS never prevent another company from delivering a hardware driver for Windows. MS is very open on this regards and that's why it is big. Apple and Palm always want to show their apple on their palm, but they meanwhile don't allow anybody to take a bite. Little, mean and cheap, deserve to be small and struggling. Sadly, many people think that these losers are nicer companies than MS.

Okay, I'm canceling my SprintPCS service and stop waiting for a PDA, phone and BT integrated unit. I'll live with my SE T610 and any PPC I like for a while.
    Umm... did you just say "open world of PC' and M$ in the same sentence? LOL!!!! Btw, it's "PalmOne" not Palm and they don't have anything to do with the PalmOS or the lisencing of the platform. Thus your analogy with Apple irrelevant...

The "business issues" that Sandisk is referring to probably are the result over differences lisencing...at least according to Ed Hardy at Brighthand.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Edit: Oops, never mind. That only works with Palms that have PUC. I wonder if they have an IR version though...
    On the comments below the description they say that the website shows an IrDA version also.

Here's the link again:

<http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6082>
    May the G4ce be with you