Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Looked in manual index, on HS's website, but can't find any info on how to use ShortCuts (you know, the dot-lowercase-cursive-e thing that auto-inserts text strings at the cursor point) in T6. Anyone cracked this yet?
  2. #2  
    It wasn't very convenient to use shortcuts in the 300, so I just forgot about it. I really don't miss the :shortcut: after the thumboard. It was useful when I was doing graffiti though. I'm sure there's still a way to do it. ... habits die hard, but if you try hard enough, you can do it.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 10/14/2003 at 11:08 PM.
  3. #3  
    S<alt> brings up a dropdown with the shortcut symbol on it.
    Regards,

    Robert
  4.    #4  
    With Reco-Echo (which doesn't seem to work on T6), I got accustomed to stamping every memo with the (shortcut)dts date-time-stamp by scratching the shortcut and "dts" with my index finger nail. The whole point was to save pushes/strokes... S-Alt-down-down-down-center is hardly much of a convenience. Why bother including it at all?

    Speaking of Reco-Echo, any similar freeware available that will work on T6?
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by rbienstock
    S<alt> brings up a dropdown with the shortcut symbol on it.
    Yeah... this was so awkward to do on my Treo 180 that I eventually forgot it was even possible. I suppose it would only be useful for long strings of text you don't want to have to type out. but for anything that's less than 10 keystrokes it's not so much of a "short" cut anymore.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by rbienstock
    S<alt> brings up a dropdown with the shortcut symbol on it.
    I tried this and it doesn't work for me

    When can you use them.. like in a note or something?

    I tried S alt but nothing happens.

    Mike
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    When can you use them.. like in a note or something?
    Right. Shortcuts are text macros, so you can use them anywhere that text entry is available, memos, dialog boxes, Calendar, etc.
    Regards,

    Robert
  8. #8  
    I can't get them to work.. what am I doing wrong?
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I can't get them to work.. what am I doing wrong?
    Dunno. Let's try this: Go into Prefs, Shortcuts and make sure that you have some shortcuts defined. For the rest of this experiment, I'll assume that you have the default shortcuts including dts, which is the date and time stamp. Now open a new memo, type s and hit the alt button (the silver 0). You'll see a drop-down menu appear with the shortcut command :shortcut: at the very botton. Use the down button to scroll down to the :shortcut: command and press the center button. The shortcut command :shortcut: should now appear in your memo. Now type dts and you should get something like 10.16.03 nn:nn pm

    If you don't get this, then I don't know what's wrong.
    Regards,

    Robert
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by rbienstock
    Dunno. Let's try this: Go into Prefs, Shortcuts and make sure that you have some shortcuts defined. For the rest of this experiment, I'll assume that you have the default shortcuts including dts, which is the date and time stamp. Now open a new memo, type s and hit the alt button (the silver 0). You'll see a drop-down menu appear with the shortcut command :shortcut: at the very botton. Use the down button to scroll down to the :shortcut: command and press the center button. The shortcut command :shortcut: should now appear in your memo. Now type dts and you should get something like 10.16.03 nn:nn pm

    If you don't get this, then I don't know what's wrong.
    Thanks Robert.. I get it now.. I mean it is totally NOPLACE in the manual.. and it seems like a LOT of work for a shortuct lol

    Mike
  11. #11  
    Right. Shortcuts are text macros, so you can use them anywhere that text entry is available, memos, dialog boxes, Calendar, etc.
    Seems to work everywhere, other then in Doc to Go 6.0
    Any sugestions. I need a graffiti patch.
    TIA< Matt:shortcut:

Posting Permissions