1.    #1  
    Okay,

Snappermail on the T600 doesn't seem to want to consistently issue audio alerts when new mail comes in although it is configured to do so. I have NO other problem with any other application generating alarms or audio alerts (Verichat, Agendus for Palm, etc.). In fact, the normal pop-up screen that appears stating you have XXX new messages, doesn't appear unless it's one of the few occasions that an audio alert is also generated.

Snappermail claims that it's Handsprings fault and they are looking to find a work around but cannot determine a timeframe. Is anyone else have this inconsistent problem (1 out of 5 or so checks of email generates and audio alert, the rest are either silent or vibrate). I cannot understand why all other apps have no problem - just Snappermail.

Can you comment if you are having the same problems so that I can help prioritize this issue for them? They claim they have no one to resolve it for at least 2 weeks as their developers are travelling.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have the same problem and have received the same reply from Snapper.
    i am very concerned about this issue, as I was all set to buy snappermail. In fact I emailed them to see if snappermail could be configuired for my server, which is comcast.

In fact I specificly as about the alarm issue and I have enclosed my email and the email I recieved from them.

Franlkly I do not know if I should buy snapper mail while this issue is on going.

What do you all think of snappermail?

here are the two emails:

my email to snapper mail:

> Good day,
    >
    > I am a current Treo 300 owner who has ordered a Treo 600 which should be
    here
    > in the next day or two.
    >
    > I have two email accts. One on AOL and the second with Comcast, who
    provides
    > my high speed access, (so I use Comcast to gain access to AOL thru AOL's
    > bring your own access).
    >
    > I have never bothered to bring up my email with my Treo 300 from Comcast,
    as
    > I never had to time look into it.
    >
    > However, now with the 600 it is so much faster that I have decided the
    time
    > is now right.
    >
    > 1. I do not know from pop3 or anything else, as that is over my head, but
    I
    > can tell you when I first started with comcast.net 2 years ago, we had to
    use
    > outlook and no we use their site to pick up mail. I do not know if that
    makes
    > a difference if it will work on Comcast. Do you know if Snappermail will
    work
    > on Comcast?
    >
    > 2. Is there a way to set up an alarm when you get income mail. I
    understand
    > that I can set spanner to check my email ever so often, however, can I
    have
    > snapper set off an alarm or chime on the Treo 600 to go off when I have
    > incoming email? thank you and take care, jay m. silverman

Thier letter 2 me:

Hi Jay,

1. SnapperMail can be used with Comcast's POP3 e-mail accounts; you will
    need to check with Comcast to get the server name and other settings.
    SnapperMail cannot retrieve AOL mail because they use a proprietary protocol
    that requires the use of their own e-mail programs.

2. SnapperMail can be set to provide notifications (alarms) when new
    messages are retrieved. However, Handspring didn't provide a way for
    third-party apps to use the vibrate feature, so we're still trying to figure
    out how to make it vibrate.
    ---
    Jennifer Shelamer
    Online FAQs: http://www.snappermail.com/support

Take care, jay
    i am going to write snapper mail about thios agin and let you know what happens, I want to makwe sure they WILL work on it or are string us all along! take care, jay
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    i am going to write snapper mail about thios agin and let you know what happens, I want to makwe sure they WILL work on it or are string us all along! take care, jay
    Jennifer is the same lady that provided me the information about the notification feature. Her response to me stated NOTHING about the vibrate feature - it was the audio feature that I had a problem with... very interesting - two very different, but similar responses.

Everyone this effects should write them immediately and let them know it's a priority!
    Lee Ladisky
    I don't have a problem with audio alerts. I get them every time I get email, and I have two pop servers setup. Also, there is no way to specify vibrate. On mine, it vibrates when an audio alert is issued. Hopefully, they can find a way to separate the audio and vibrate alert.

I'm using 1.8.4
    I can't comment specifically on your guys' issue as I don't have my GSM version yet, but I can tell you that Snappermail has the best support that I have ever seen from any palm OS developer out there period . I gaurantee that if there is an issue, they will get it fixed in no time at all.

Have you guys gone over to Snappermails Yahoo support forum and asked the question?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by ilovedessert

> I have two email accts. One on AOL and the second with Comcast, who
    provides
    > my high speed access, (so I use Comcast to gain access to AOL thru AOL's
    > bring your own access).
    >
    > I have never bothered to bring up my email with my Treo 300 from Comcast,
    as
    > I never had to time look into it.
    >
    > However, now with the 600 it is so much faster that I have decided the
    time
    > is now right.
    >
    >
    I have exactly the same email accounts as you do and can send and recieve both from Snappermail.
    I found an excellent solution to be able to receive your AOL email w/attachments via Snappermail.
    Take a look at Izymail online:

http://izymail.com/imo_default.aspx
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I have the same intermittent audio/notification window trouble as you describe.

Then I have a more vexing problem - on the trial version so far - and that is I can't set my smtp server to a different name from the pop server. This is possible in eudora mail for palm, but not here. Therefore I can't send. Does anyone have an idea?

I do like the fact that it checks mail automatically!
    I'm having the same problems with notification PLUS I hear a beeping sound coming from my hip this afternoon, and apparently the automatic mail check from Snapper had bypassed the keyboard lock feature. After the auto-check for new messages, the holster was pressing a keyboard key and it had been activated for some period of time. Am I missing a setting? I've had to turn off the automatic checking feature until I can get past this, and I really like that feature.

FWIW, I agree with the earlier post about the high quality of SnapperMail's customer service.