1.    #1  
    1. Can you send email that looks like it came from your work account, i.e., business email address?

2. Do replys to email sent from the treo go to both your treo inbox and business (desktop Outlook) inbox?

3. Does all email sent to your desktop also go to your treo?

3.a. Does "sent" email from the treo get stored in the sent box on Outlook?

4. What has to be done manually, if anything, to receive email sent to a business email address? Is it displayed automatically like on a blackberry or do you have to log on?

5. If you have to log on, can you leave your phone "logged on" to continously get email or does that eat up the battery and tie up the voice line?

6. Can your treo calendar be synched with your desktop version of Outlook via wireless communication or do you have to physically connect the two with the USB cable like a regular PDA.
    1. Can you send email that looks like it came from your work account, i.e., business email address?
    Yes, you can set the name and return address however you like.

2. Do replys to email sent from the treo go to both your treo inbox and business (desktop Outlook) inbox?
    Yes, if you leave default settings. You CAN have it remove mail from the server, but you have to change a setting to do that.

3. Does all email sent to your desktop also go to your treo?
    See above - unless you have it remove mail from the server, it'll go to the desktop the next time you check e-mail there.

3.a. Does "sent" email from the treo get stored in the sent box on Outlook?
    It would depend on the software, but if you use Snapper, probably not. But you could CC yourself.

4. What has to be done manually, if anything, to receive email sent to a business email address? Is it displayed automatically like on a blackberry or do you have to log on?
    I think you can set it to check every X minutes, but I just click "fetch and send" in Snapper when I want to check. It's not "push mail", but it's very quick and easy, so you can get in the habit of doing it so often that it probably won't be an issue. Click the e-mail button, use the five-way nav to select "fetch/send", click the center button, put the phone back in your pocket, glance at the screen the next time you get a chance.

5. If you have to log on, can you leave your phone "logged on" to continously get email or does that eat up the battery and tie up the voice line?
    You can be "logged onto" Vision continuously, and it'll go into idle mode, which allows voice calls and isn't too hard on the battery. Then when a process needs Vision, it quickly creates an active connection, which blocks voice calls. It goes into idle mode again after 20 seconds of no Internet activity. So I think if you set Snapper to check every X minutes, you'd have relatively small periods of not having voice access, and it wouldn't eat your battery too fast.

6. Can your treo calendar be synched with your desktop version of Outlook via wireless communication or do you have to physically connect the two with the USB cable like a regular PDA.
    I haven't figured out a wireless way to do this, but I'm sure someone will.
    I have a feeling he's talking about the Exchange server features of Outlook, not regular POP or IMAP Outlook or Outlook Express. Isn't Snapper a POP mailer?

I don't have any better answers since my 600 hasn't even arrived yet. But I'm planning on seeing how I can sync with Outlook and receive Exchange mail once I get it. It's not a huge priority for me, though it would be nice.
  4.    #4  
    I think you are right, I am refering to the Outlook mail I get on our network at work, which I guess is an exchange server. Maybe I need to talk to the IT dept. Does it make a difference? The bottom line I am hoping the Treo works as close to a blackberry as possible.
    Unfortunately, yes, it makes a big difference. In general terms, Exchange is a corporate LAN server, and POP mail is the type of mail you get from an ISP (usually). There's different ways to provide external access to an Exchange server, but it's something that has to be added to work.

If your IT department is "friendly" I would talk to you them about what you'd like to do. In my experience, lot's of IT departments don't particularly want to add more access points into the server because of security concerns.

I'm actually more interested in syncing Outlook appointments and contacts. That's a lot easier because it doesn't require you to access the server once you leave the office.
    Although the upgrade for the 600 isn't available YET what you want is the Business Connection. It gives you real time access to your desktop. You actually view your inbox. When you reply to a message it ends up in your sent folder. You also have access to files on your PC and can actually send a file as an attachement.

The only down side is you need to have a PC turned on. The personal edition on a single PC can share it's connection to the Exchange server with 3 people. You do not need to have an Exchange server either. Just Outlook works fine. I have it that way but have set up customers with Exchange.
    Adam West
    This new software may help you sync with your home PC - away from home

http://www.mergic.com/index.php