1.    #1  
    I can't find this in the manual or the phone settings. Can I set it to auto answer when a headset is in use.
    I haven't found an auto answer, but the button on my Jabra Freespeak does seem to work to answer and hang up a call, just like the button on the included wired headset. No doubt you are used to autoanswer on another phone; I tried to use it on my old phone, but found myself rushing like a fool to get the stupid headset on and activated in time.
    I have tried using the button on the Freespeak to answer calls on my Treo 600, but it only hangs up on the caller right after answering the call. Did you have that problem?
    Originally posted by luvmytreo
    I have tried using the button on the Freespeak to answer calls on my Treo 600, but it only hangs up on the caller right after answering the call. Did you have that problem?
    Are you using the right adapter for non bluetooth phones?
    It sounds like you're using a nokia version (4 conductor plug) instead of the universal version (3 conductor plug).
    Or you are depressing the button too long and it is disconnecting the call.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    So does the Jabra Freespeak work with the new Treo 600?

The HS supplied earpiece and even the upgraded "better quality" one is painful!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    WOw...!!! Dalai Lama is having a TREO 600 !!!!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Originally posted by gmelin
    So does the Jabra Freespeak work with the new Treo 600?

The HS supplied earpiece and even the upgraded "better quality" one is painful!
    It should, the version for non bluetooth phone.
    I can't confirm that myself, don't have my GSM version yet but I've read other threads that suggest it works fine and also Mr Dalai Lama says it works too.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Remember, the button on the Freespeak (I have the non-Nokia, non native BlueTooth version) is a toggle...pressing it toggles the headphone (and the treo) on from off and off from on. Yes? So, if you have autoanswer enabled (which the treo doesn't seem to have) and the phone answers and then you press the button, you are turning the headset ON, but hanging up the phone. It should work like the button on the included headset, more or less.
    Originally posted by millerhifi

Are you using the right adapter for non bluetooth phones?
    It sounds like you're using a nokia version (4 conductor plug) instead of the universal version (3 conductor plug).
    Or you are depressing the button too long and it is disconnecting the call.
    Yes, I definitely have the standard 2.5mm one (bought another when upgraded from Treo 300). I just checked it out again. The Freespeak will answer, then 1/2 second later, I see "hanging up" on the screen.

I had a similar bug with the Treo 300 when using a phto caller ID program (can't remember which one now).
    I have the Jabra version that worked with the t300...and now I am using it with the t600 having no problems.

I am overly anxious for the damn bluetooth SD card so I can use my headset without the cradle and as a modem for my powerbook 17!!
    "I want to meet the guy that invented beer and see what he's working on now"
  11.    #11  
    OK so I guess the answer is no? Now back to the Jabra conversation that took over the question.
    yea, BAD thread jacking people

I want auto-answer to speakerphone, ringer silent... had this on my sanyo... SOOO nice to be able to leave your fone somewhere for a bit, and call it Imagine the applications.

Of course that would COMPLETELY defy #1 rule of never being out of sight of this puppy.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    I've read that some newer phones have the capability for you to listen in as a message is being left, akin to your home "answering machine". You can also interrupt the message to speak with the caller.

Anyone aware of 3rd party apps with this capability???