1.    #1  
    I just recently moved to Sweden with my Sprint Treo 300 that I am now using for nothing but a Palm. Orange is the only carrier that sells the Treo 600 in Europe for a decent price and they are not in Sweden. I see now that Handspring offers a $399 Upgrade Promotion for current Treo users. Forgive my techno-newbieness, but can I buy the phone from Handspring, have it shipped to Sweden and use pre-paid cards from one of the many services here (Comviq, Vodaphone, DJuice)?

I also have a Treo 180 from T-Mobile if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advice.
  2.    #2  
    No one can tell me if this scenario is even technically possible? I assume Handspring has to offer a GSM version first, right? Would it have to be 'unlocked'?
    My understanding is the Handspring either will not or cannot ship upgrades to europe. However, there's nothing stopping you from finding a kind hearted (or enterprising) american to do the dastardly deed.

I have no doubt our hockey loving/beer guzzling friends to the north will do likewise.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply Echaban. Yeah, that was my plan - to have it shipped to my brother in the states who would then ship it to me. So would the current version work with the Swedish prepaid SIM cards?
    Originally posted by stewf
    Thanks for the reply Echaban. Yeah, that was my plan - to have it shipped to my brother in the states who would then ship it to me. So would the current version work with the Swedish prepaid SIM cards?
    yes if it gets shipped without being tied to a specific carrier ie: unlocked, you can use any sim card on any GSM network, the phone is not only Tri-band, it is Qaud-Band! (all 4 GSM 800/900 - 1800/1900)
    Yes, you will need the unlocked GSM version. It work with a prepaid SIM or any other GSM sim on a plan.

There is an unlocked GSM Treo 600 in the upgrade section but it is still Coming Soon

I'm planning to do the same in Australia.

Cheers
    VikingBrad