1.    #1  
    When I try to install Pocket Tunes it says that Pocket Tunes is already in my download directory. I haven't installed it, however, and don't have it on my Treo 600. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks...
    Originally posted by MobileGuy
    When I try to install Pocket Tunes it says that Pocket Tunes is already in my download directory. I haven't installed it, however, and don't have it on my Treo 600. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks...
    I think you double clicked instead of single clicked the Pocket Tunes.prc file, that's why you got that message. Now just do a hot sync and it'll show up.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by newtreouser

I think you double clicked instead of single clicked the Pocket Tunes.prc file, that's why you got that message. Now just do a hot sync and it'll show up.
    No, it's not there. Is there a place I can look at the "download directory" where it thinks it already is?
    Originally posted by MobileGuy

No, it's not there. Is there a place I can look at the "download directory" where it thinks it already is?
    I'd recommend starting over. Close and restart hot sync manager. make sure conduits set up properly. Click on the prc file to get it into the install tool and make sure you select the correct user name and then hot sync it.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by newtreouser

I'd recommend starting over. Close and restart hot sync manager. make sure conduits set up properly. Click on the prc file to get it into the install tool and make sure you select the correct user name and then hot sync it.
    Thanks for the advise, but it still says already in the download directory and won't let me add it to the install too list.
    Did you check in the "unfiled" category on your Treo?
  7.    #7  
    the application is nowhere to be found on the Treo 600
    I just downloaded ptunes from a link sent to me by Palm. I downloaded it and unzipped it. I dc'd on the prc and got an install error. says the file ( a big long name) isn't there. I have installed many 3rd party apps and this is the first time for this.
    OK I have pocket tunes on my treo now ( I failed to un zip it previously). Please let me know how to put the first song on the treo. Where do I get the mp3 song? Can I put a cd in and somehow change one of the songs to mp3 format and then xfer to my sd card? I am anxious
    If you have any mp3 on your computer , just drag it to hotsync manager and it will get installed on the next sync.

I use an iMac with the free program iTunes. If you set the preferences in iTunes import to import the CD tracks as mp3, then pick the song you want to import and click on the menu Advanced: convert selection to mp3. Once it is imported to your iTune library, drag the song onto your SD card, or onto hotsync manager.

For pc's someone else will have to help.
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    OK I have pocket tunes on my treo now ( I failed to un zip it previously). Please let me know how to put the first song on the treo. Where do I get the mp3 song? Can I put a cd in and somehow change one of the songs to mp3 format and then xfer to my sd card? I am anxious

no.

you need a program, that will rip the cd to mp3. windows media player wont do it unless you buy a $15 add on.

music match should be able to rip it for you.

once you got the mp3, you can transfer them to your treo by either:

hotsyncing, very slow
    buy card export and turn your treo into a card reader and moving the mp3 over. card export cost $20.
    buy a dedicated card reader. about $20 bucks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.