Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by JJCarter
    Well, placed my order today (10/15) 8:50AM Pacific Time. Watched it go through all the various updates and is now at the infamous "Awaiting Shipping" Status. But being that they only charge your card when it's actually shipped, I logged onto the bank, and voila, I see the charge there!

Since I'm overnighting it, I'm keeping everything, including my eyes crossed. Will let you know. Maybe the trick to the fast service is calling in the order, and also overnighting it, not the slower ground shipping....or they're getting the manpower in finally to handle the orders. The next 24hrs. will tell.
    sorry to dampen your spirits, does ur statement show it has been charged or is it under temporary authorizations? my statement had the temporary authorization since last 3 days.

you may want to make sure about that.

-chiru
    Yeah - ME TOO! What a frickin loser am I. Where is my damn phone and what does "awaiting shippment" mean? I know that I am awaiting it! I am jonesing for a fix of the 600.
    Not to worry...you won't dampen my spirits. I used a Visa Debit card. Usually an authorization on it shows up as a temporary $1 charge in most instances, as their computer goes out and check that the account is valid, and has enough funds. But the online banking says it has been deducted from my checking balance. It appears to be actually "charged". I guess I'll find out tomorrow which it is either via my online banking, and/or a fedex notice.

In any event, I know I'm on the pile to be shipped in the not too distant future. I've waited this long, another 5 days, give or take, won't kill me....give me a few more white hairs yes....kill me...no.
    Ordered from HS 11:00 PDT on 10/9. Overnight as well. (Heavy sigh)
    Ordered on 10/9. Still Awaiting Shipment Was told that its delayed because I picked delivery to my work address instead of my billing (home) address First a lady told me that it will be delayed up to another week because of that!! After complaining she got me a supervisor and he said it will ship within a couple of days, although he didn't inspire a lot of confidence. What a huge bummer
    Originally posted by HavanaHowie
    Yeah - ME TOO! What a frickin loser am I. Where is my damn phone and what does "awaiting shippment" mean? I know that I am awaiting it! I am jonesing for a fix of the 600.
    My understanding is that awaiting shipment means that everything has been completed from the Handspring side. THe only thing left is for one Treo 600 box out at Federal Express near or at the Utah airport to get your name slapped on it. Even if that happens at this very moment, it may not be until late tonight that the tracking number shows up. It all depends how fast anyone is working.

I took awaiting shipment to mean that my Treo would be on a plane that night and my house the next day. It was.
    So Ken, Did you indeed order one day, and recieve it the next, as it sounds in your message? Or are you saying it shipped the day that "Awaiting Shipment" appeared? Thanks!
    I ordered mine on Monday, and it went to "Awaiting Shipment" yesterday. I checked today, and my credit card was billed. So hopefully it was sent FedEx Next Day yesterday or today. I guess we'll see...
    Originally posted by JJCarter
    So Ken, Did you indeed order one day, and recieve it the next, as it sounds in your message? Or are you saying it shipped the day that "Awaiting Shipment" appeared? Thanks!
    I ordered last Friday night. It stayed at "Order Received" until sometime on Tuesday. Then it flipped through various statuses until it went to "Awaiting Shipment." Later on last night I got the tracking number.

It's quietly charging now. Taunting me...
    Also ordered this morning (10/15) at about 11am. Was not going to check status again until tomorrow (was planning to force myself to not look!!), but when I saw your post, I couldn't resist. Well, pleasantly surprised, I too show "awaiting shipment." Would be great if it shipped tomorrow and I receive it Friday - I also went for the overnight shipping. Hopefully they are getting a bit caught up.

Ordering process was not too smooth - I entered my T300 serial number and it gave me an error - had to call. No problem taking it on the phone, but the lady taking the order mistyped my email address. When I found it, I called back, waited on hold 10 minutes and then got them to fix it - but it is fixed in the system, not on the order. So if I look at the order on line, it still shows the wrong email address. I would have preferred to do the order online so I am SURE everything is entered correctly. At least she typed in the shipping address correctly.
    Okay, Handspring! We're right on the edge. I ordered on Friday the 10th and the wait has been killing me (it was a long, difficult weekend). I've been on "awaiting shipment" since yesterday and I'm not taking it as well as you guys. You're truly an inspiration. (Now, where the Hell's my phone?)
    Originally posted by kellydfarris
    Okay, Handspring! We're right on the edge. I ordered on Friday the 10th and the wait has been killing me (it was a long, difficult weekend). I've been on "awaiting shipment" since yesterday and I'm not taking it as well as you guys. You're truly an inspiration. (Now, where the Hell's my phone?)
    Me too. A.S. for 29 hours now. I'm a 10/09 5pm guy.
    I ordered my T600 on 10/9 @ 11:27. Like a lot of you my status went from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Order failed".

Sometime yesterday my status changed back to "Awaiting Shipment" and is still in that status now. I called Handspring to make sure everything was OK with my order. The rep was very nice and put me on hold to call down to the shipping department. The rep came back to tell me my phone went out today, but they don't have a tracking number yet. Once they do they will update the status online.

I guess only time will tell.
    I ordered this morning (10/15) at 7:45am Pacific and am awaiting shipment. I just checked by bank statement (used MC Debit) and I have been charged as well as verified. So, theoretically mine should be shipping today or tomorrow morning. I guess I'll be waiting to see if I get a tracking number in the morning tomorrow to verify this.

However, the charge had definately been made to my account - not just the hold.

I'm *STILL* at AW! I ordered at 3pm Pacific on 10/9...

<stomps feet>

What the heck are theay awaiting for?

mts362.... You still awaiting with me?
    Shallow, has your card been charged?
    [list=1][*]Plan a vacation. Be sure it's somewhere with plenty of coverage and blue speckled landmarks.[*]If in the Chicagoland area, hunt down and capture Steve Bartman. The bounty you could collect will easily pay for your new 600. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/fan15.html)[*]Use win-hand to log onto your home machine and check your shipping status. You never know.[*]Wipe the face goo off your treo 300[*]Read posts about how disappointed people are with their 600. This should make you want your own much less. <ahem>[*]Place fake bids on ebay for treo 300's to keep the market value up. [*]Ask Claire what she's wearing right now[*]Scribble I HAVE NO LIFE on a notepad. [*]Search Web-MD for information on hand reduction surgery [*]Make a treo 600 out of play-doh. Go to a meeting. When everyone has their phones out on the table someone will probably make fun of you. Take his fancy little phone and smash yours onto his so the doh gets in all the buttons and crevices. Laugh demonically. [*]Write a stupid list like this like I did. (didnít work, still awaiting shipment!)[/list=1]
    I ordered mine on the 11th. My status changed yesterday to awaiting shipment. I noticed today that my card was charged YESTERDAY. Still hasn't been shipped.
  19. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ordered on Thursday 10/9 11:35:51 AM, and am in the bloody "Awaiting Shipment" status since last night. It never went into "Order failed" as for some other folks.

I ordered the Form Fit Case and the headphone adapter with it. Wonder if that's holding up the shipment.

The one thing that comforts me is that I also ordered another "gadget" roughly at the same time (the new 2004 Toyota Prius), and the wait time for that is measured in months ;-)
    It sounds like they've actually charged cards and shipped them a little before before the tracking number email arrives in some cases. So that might be a possibility.

My card was charged, too, but I haven't received an email, and it still says "awaiting shipment". I'm guessing it will go out pretty soon if it hasn't already.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast