Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well thank goodness others agree with me on this - I hesitated on posting this question for a few days so I'd have more time to magically discovered the setting that would '300' my '600'! If anyone figures out a hack (are there ANY hacks at all yet?), keep us posted...
    Originally posted by jglev

While we are on the subject of the phone app, I seem to be having a problem with the extra digits and the "dial extra digits immediately" function. With the Treo 300, I could use comas as pauses so that I could set 6-7 pauses before the actual extra digits so that it would wait for the phone to be answered before it would dial the extra digits. This worked great for getting my voicemail from work without having to type anything. All I had to do was hit the favorite and it worked perfectly. Now, it doesn't work like before. The manual doesn't say anything about comas being pauses, but when I do add them, the extra digits seem to still go immediately (but with some extra extra digits). Anyone else seeing this problem, or know how to add pauses so that it worked as it did before?
    To fix, go to phone preferences (:menu: A) from the phone app and uncheck "Enable Short DTMF Tones." Hit the i in the upper right for a description of this feature.
    Originally posted by jglev

While we are on the subject of the phone app, I seem to be having a problem with the extra digits and the "dial extra digits immediately" function. With the Treo 300, I could use comas as pauses so that I could set 6-7 pauses before the actual extra digits so that it would wait for the phone to be answered before it would dial the extra digits. This worked great for getting my voicemail from work without having to type anything. All I had to do was hit the favorite and it worked perfectly. Now, it doesn't work like before. The manual doesn't say anything about comas being pauses, but when I do add them, the extra digits seem to still go immediately (but with some extra extra digits). Anyone else seeing this problem, or know how to add pauses so that it worked as it did before?

Thanks,
    on this issue. You can do a search for "extra digits" or something. Honestly, see if it does it immediately after a hard reset, then you'll know what the problem is. Good luck.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Doesn't it seem silly (or dumb) to bump something 6 minutes after it's posted?
    What does that mean anyway. I have always wondered.
    on a busy forum like Treo 600, a thread can rapidly go to the bottom of the list due to high traffic. Posters sometimes bump their threads to get it back to the top of the list to be more visible. I would advise to bump when you no longer see your thread on page 1. Moderators can expand on this.
    This is my opinion, not that of TreoCentral:

It is arrogant to assume your post is any more important than anyone else's. If something has gone a week without a response, go ahead and ask for an update. 10 minutes after the fact though is crazy. It's the equivalent of the annoying kid in the front of the classroom who, when they know the answer, raises his hand and grunts "ooh, ooh, me, me!"

Just my opinion!
    Bump.
    Has anyone written a hack to go back to the old way?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    All this bile over a single extra keystroke?

What's so hard about pushing the down arrow on the pad to get to contacts before typing *exactly* the same thing you did on the Treo 300? Yes, you lost a tiny bit of functionality with that extra keystroke, but it's obvious why they did it. Notice the hard numeric keys moved to the left side of the keyboard on the t600, so the intention is to actually make the keyboard useable because not everyone's comfortable with the touchscreen. And if you're typing numbers, they stay numbers instead of switching from numbers to contacts and back to numbers.
    Can only read your mind so much and not just confuse the hell out of people.

I think what you lose, is more than made up for with the new single button press Favorites. A feature which everyone seems to be trying to replace with various 3rd party Launchers that do exactly the same thing. Weird.

ian
    Yes. it's only one extra keystroke, but I thought it was such a COOL feature of the 270!

If in dial pad and you type 'A' followed by 'N' it would be so cool if you were given a list of contacts starting with 'AN'.

If howerver you typed 'W' it would treat that as a plus by default, 'B' is #, Z is * and the numbers would be on default as well.

But for all unused letters it should bring up the contacts list.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12