1.    #1  
    I don't want to pay the extra $5/mo for the PictureMail from Sprint.

Is there any way to extra the pictures taken from the PictureMail application and e-mail them / upload them using another program such as SnapperMail or similar?

This is on the Sprint version of the Treo 600. I know this can be done on the GSM version.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    SnapperMail will allow you to select the .jpg image file off of the Internal or External memory and attach them to an email. I have done this with SnapperMail on my Sprint Treo 600.

Keith
    Works fine with Snappermail. I use Sprints SMTP server to send the mail and the attached photo.

Haven't had any problems yet.
  4.    #4  
    Maybe I am missing something.

When I click "new" in SnapperMail and go to attach, what files are you attaching? I don't see anything named the name of my pictures or jpegs or anything. There is "jpeg library" but that is it. When I receive that in e-mail, it is a .prc file.

Can you explain step by step how you are doing this?

BTW - I am talking about pictures that I take with the built-in camera using the "Pictures" application.

You aren't using preview versions of the Treo are you?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    No, I am not using a preview version of the Treo 600...but this brings up an interesting point. In order to do this I guess that you have to save (or "move" or "copy") the pictures to a SD card before you are able to do this with SnapperMail. If you move them to the SD card and attach them in SnapperMail they are in a DCIM folder on the card. I too can not reach them when on the Internal Memory Card.

Keith
    Originally posted by jstrauser
    Maybe I am missing something.

When I click "new" in SnapperMail and go to attach, what files are you attaching? I don't see anything named the name of my pictures or jpegs or anything. There is "jpeg library" but that is it. When I receive that in e-mail, it is a .prc file.

Can you explain step by step how you are doing this?

BTW - I am talking about pictures that I take with the built-in camera using the "Pictures" application.

You aren't using preview versions of the Treo are you?
    I had the same experience - I could attach jpgs to Snapper mail brought in by other means (eg splashphoto) but not taken with the treo 600's camera. I think that is because they now keep the photos in a pdb file? Can that be right? I am guessing that Sprint would rather you used their service...
  7.    #7  
    OK, that might be it, I am trying to use the internal memory.

I have an SD card on the way, so will try that later this week.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I know it works from the SD card as I just tried it from my phone. There is a .jpg file on the SD card when you move the pictures there.

Keith
    Originally posted by jstrauser
    OK, that might be it, I am trying to use the internal memory.

I have an SD card on the way, so will try that later this week.
    I sent a picture by moving it to the SD card then attaching it in Snappermail.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have the old $10 unlimted vision plan, isn't picture mail included?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes it is. At least that is what Sprint told me when I switched handsets to the Treo 600.
    sorry never mind didn't see the snooze button feature.

I also did not see the .jpg in the list of possible attachments via SnapperMail. Then I went to the Treo Camera utility, moved the picture to the card, and there it was when I went back to Snapper. It's roundabout, but it worked. Maybe the other folks here have a more efficient solution.
    pictures are definitely not available to attach to snappermail when stored internally. All my pics are labelled "Picture001, Picture 002, etc, etc..." and none of those show up when clicking attach in snappermail. At least the SD card is a workaround but still kind of sucks if you don't have an sd card inserted at the time you want to email a picture. I don't want to be forced to use Sprints client each time.