1. NBP
    I know this has been talked about already but I, too, purchased my Treo 300 at Best Buy with the PSP.

My question simply is - Has anybody had success replacing their defective Treo 300 with the Samsung SPH-i500?

It seems like getting the SPH-i500 and eBaying it is the best course of action to get the Best Buy PSP to behave as it was sold - to either replace the unit with an exact exchange or a comparable product.

I've called one of my local Best Buys (Boston area) and their solution was to give me a store credit for my original purchase price.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I've done this. I've done a few replacements with BB on my 3-year plan, and never had a problem. You can basically exchange your 300 for any phone you like, as long as the new one doesn't cost more than what you paid for the 300.
  3. NBP
    But that's the problem that I (and many others) have. The only Palm-based Sprint phone they have is the Samsung SPH-i500 which retails for $599. Nobody paid that much for their Treo. Paying the difference is not acceptable because their policy is to replace the unit with a replica or a "like" item.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NBP
    But that's the problem that I (and many others) have. The only Palm-based Sprint phone they have is the Samsung SPH-i500 which retails for $599. Nobody paid that much for their Treo. Paying the difference is not acceptable because their policy is to replace the unit with a replica or a "like" item.
    Ok. I see what you're saying. I actually paid $499 for my T300 when I got it, since it was still fairly new then.
    I returned my for store credit without any issues. Replaced 3 Treos (2 battery / 1 Hinge) with them.

Ordered 600 directly from HS - chances of getting it at BB were slim to none based on the info from here.

The way I see it - cost me only the S/H to upgrade. Way the wife sees it is different - however - can do a lot of "free" shopping for my boys at BB for Christmas.

Bob
    Today I used psp to replace my t300 with a i500. The PSP policy says they are required to supply you with a "technology for technology" trade. this means that they have to give you a palm phone. After all it's not your fault that they don't have t600's or t300s. Incidentally, they told me that they were in fact expecting Treo 600s by end of October. Believe it when I see it. Gotta go........Ebay here I come.
    Originally posted by chiselmonkey99
    Today I used psp to replace my t300 with a i500. The PSP policy says they are required to supply you with a "technology for technology" trade. this means that they have to give you a palm phone. After all it's not your fault that they don't have t600's or t300s. Incidentally, they told me that they were in fact expecting Treo 600s by end of October. Believe it when I see it. Gotta go........Ebay here I come.
    Chisel,

Did u have to pay extra to get the i500 or was it an even swap?
  8. NBP
    Chisel,

At which store did you do this? As is often the case, the Best Buy near me (Boston area) is trying to give me the run-around and educating and arguing with the representatives at a Best Buy can be an all-day affair - one which I desperately hope to avoid.

Thanks!