1.    #1  
    I tried searching for the answer to this question, and to my surprise I didn't find anything.

With the Treo 300, a 3rd party application was required to get vibrate to work for alarms. Has this been fixed with the Treo 600?
  2.    #2  
    Anybody?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    In the 'sounds' preference you can choose to have it vibrate in addition to the tone, it's just a checkbox. You can also choose wether or not to have it vibrate when you switch the top switch to no alerts.
    Originally posted by Crashless
    In the 'sounds' preference you can choose to have it vibrate in addition to the tone, it's just a checkbox. You can also choose wether or not to have it vibrate when you switch the top switch to no alerts.
    you will still need 3rd party app for nag on missed calls, VM, SMS etc.

PDAapps has a version of TreoAlertMgr for the 600 in the works.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I'm not sure the question has been answered yet. On my calendar, I'd like to set an alarm for a meeting & instead of having my phone alert me w/ an audible tone, I'd like it to vibrate ONLY. I'd also like to be able to set a wake-up alarm & have it vibrate w/ no sound at all.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

I assume then the version they have on their site now will not work w/ the 600?
    Originally posted by imageone

This seems to only work for the phone calls and not really the tasks/alarms. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Josh
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Alright, looking at my sound prefs now, I can set the 'sound mode on' ringer to off and vibrate to on. this should make the 600 vibrate all the calendar alerts. If all you see is 'phone' tap it, it's a pulldown of the main apps for the phone.

This does make ALL calendar alerts behave the same though. I'm assuming you want to set it on a case-by-case basis? It can't do that out of the box. You'll have to wait for alert manager.
    Thanks for your input Crashless. I've tried this method out, but I don't get the result I'm looking for. What would be perfect for me is if you could set your Treo to call itself, like a personal wake-up call or to help get you out of a meeting, etc. If you want to get out of a bad date early in the evening, pre-set the phone to call at a specific time & when it rings... you conveniently have an excuse to leave. I know the phone ringer will definitely work in vibrate-mode only.

Any ideas?

Jack
    I beleive there was a service that was free on the internet that you do that for you? Wake up call.com or something.. Let me see if I can find it..

Josh
    Originally posted by cue79

I assume then the version they have on their site now will not work w/ the 600?
    correct! The current version of TreoAlertMgr will NOT work with the 600. Stay Tuned!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    correct! The current version of TreoAlertMgr will NOT work with the 600. Stay Tuned!
    I assume you work for them?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I found a program called TikTok on palmgear. It was free, and works like a stopwatch or countdown timer. It can keep track of 34 timers at once. I use it to remind myself to get the laundry, stuff in the oven etc. It could do the things you want too. The alerts seem to work well w/ the 600.
    Originally posted by cue79

I assume you work for them?
    nope, just emailed them, and they said:

Subject: Re: TreoAlertMgr for the 600

We are working on a version of TreoAlertMgr for the 600. Stay tuned.

PDAapps Team
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Originally posted by imageone

I have used the PDAApps app on other phones and they usually do a good job. But I wonder why this is not built into the phone. The functionaltiy is there for "alarms" (you can set how many times to alert you and and how often). Seems like it would have been fairly easy to extend this to the phone and SMS alerts.

Oh well, I guess a few more days to wait for PDAApps wont kill me.

I guess when you buy a $500 phone, you expect all this stuff to be built in.
    Carl
  16.    #16  
    I finally got my Treo 600, and I've realized that I'll have to wait for a 3rd-party application to be available to make vibrate work with all apps. Right now I'm having the same issue as I did with the 300, which is that the alarms from Agendus don't vibrate when the ringer is switched off.

Thanks to all those that provided some information in response to my question.