1.    #1  
    Could someone please post for sure, whether or not, a standard adapter plug purchased from Radio shack will work for plugging in my headphones which have a 1/8" jack for listening to music?? Or is the one from Handspring special for the T600 in some regard? Thanks very kindly. I have a T600 on order but wondering if I need to purchase the adapter and pay extra shipping now.
    I've read on here people saying that one from Radio Shack works fine, and also some people saying it doesn't. I wonder if there are slightly different adapters, one of which works fine and the other has some minor problems. That's the impression I get.

I ordered mine from Handspring just to make sure. It's only about $5 or $6. If you have a phone on order, you could ask them to bundle it with the phone. You might not have to pay extra shipping, if you're lucky. Either way, it's just a couple of bucks for more peace of mind.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I purchased one from Handspring and also one from my local RadioShack. The one from Handspring (obviously) worked great. The one from RadioShack that I got however did not work at all. I believe that the one I got that did not work was the one found at this link as the first one on the page:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...1%5F001&Page=2

I think that you are right that there might be some from RadioShack that work and others that do not.

Keith
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Radio Shack adapter works, you may have to trim some of the pastic off (so it will fit right).

They only had a straight adapter at my store.

The nice thing about the radio shack adapter is instant gratification and you save about $5 in shipping (handspring wants you to pay too much for shipping)

The problem I was having earlier and I think some others were having, is some line out devices (cassette adapters, powered speakers, etc) would not always work. I had to try some different cassette adapters till I found one that works (irock and the radio shack cassette adapterworked for me).
    Originally posted by peridoc
    I purchased one from Handspring and also one from my local RadioShack. The one from Handspring (obviously) worked great. The one from RadioShack that I got however did not work at all. I believe that the one I got that did not work was the one found at this link as the first one on the page:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...1%5F001&Page=2

I think that you are right that there might be some from RadioShack that work and others that do not.

Keith
    exactly the same here.
    Do you get true stereo using the adapter or does it just break a mono sound into two speakers?

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hey.. Ink883

which from the link below was the one that worked from Radio Shack???

Radio Shack Link

Let me know so I can purchase and test as well.

Thanks!
    I bought the RS... trimmed it.. and it didn't work for me. I ordered a cord from pc-mobile (an ipaq cord) though... which should work.. it iwaS $3.25, BUT they have a min order of 11.50 and shipping was 5. I ordered a couple extras. (I wanted a short flexible cord rather than a 90Degree plug anyway)
    It's true stereo with the adapter.

Can you post the part number and where you ordered the "short flexible cord"? I may switch to that depending how I like the Handspring adapter.
    It has been posted that the standard IPAQ adapter works fine... so I am assuming this one does too...

Go to bottom of the page and look for SP2J3.

It is priced at $3.25
    (but there is a minimum ordr of $11.50 plus postage which may be a problem if you do not need to buy anything else).

You could also consider S3M2M which connects to H-Fi/Active speakers with standard 3.5mm input jack. ( I got a couple of these too)
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    The radio shack adapter is item number #2740373 (looks like the first one on your link page)

and yes it does work in true stereo
    Originally posted by ink883
    The radio shack adapter is item number #2740373 (looks like the first one on your link page)

and yes it does work in true stereo
    i'm holding rs adapter 274-373. it does NOT work in my treo 600. i received the hs adapter and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Did you try trimming the black plastic off so it fits good?