1.    #1  
    just visited my local sprint and got phone for 449.00 with 50.00 bill credit and walked out with phone and canciled my handspring upgrade and save shipping and a dollar......

ps deal is supose to start tomarrow in all sprint stores!
    Wait a minute though,

I thought that you could get it for $399 at HS and get $100 service credit at Sprint for a new 1 year activation ($150 for 2 year contract)....

I have asked Sprint about this and they said the "new PCS phone discount" would be available until NOV 22, before # portability.
    LOL...ur right.

The way I see it. I get my Treo 600 from HS for $399. Then wait till tomorrow to see their upgrade deals...then get probably $100-$150 ADDITIONAL off for signing up for another year or 2 year contract.

Dizzy
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    How does the hs deal work? I need to have t300? Right?
    Yes, you are supposed to enter a serial # from your old treo (whatever model) but alot of people have been putting in random numbers to get the discount.

As a matter of fact, there are plenty of randomly generated SN's for sale on e-bay......good scam.

As far as the Sprint service credit, I spoke with them as a store and picked up the flyer that states "up to $150 credit when you start a new contract with a new PCS phone..."
    If I were to start a new plan with the same included minutes and vision service that I'm paying for right now, my monthly charge on the "new" plan would go up $15 a month due to Sprint's price hikes earlier this year. Therefore it would eat up that $150 credit in ten months and I have no incentive to go for a new plan.

-A
    Originally posted by Aether
    If I were to start a new plan with the same included minutes and vision service that I'm paying for right now, my monthly charge on the "new" plan would go up $15 a month due to Sprint's price hikes earlier this year. Therefore it would eat up that $150 credit in ten months and I have no incentive to go for a new plan.

-A
    Why would you start a new plan? I just re-upped on my plan for a year ...

Sprint let me keep my old service plan (2,000 AT mins, unlimited Vision, LD + No roaming) for $85/mo and gave me a 5% discount each month -- works out to $51 savings over the year. Should go and ask for the $50 credit.

They also told me that I could buy the phone (T600) and when my hinge breaks (it has started) they will let me send it back for a credit of $299 (it is a refurb'd replacement) during my warranty period.

If I get the phone for $399 (supposedly), it should make my cost on the phone $100 ... hmmm ... how far is that "local" Sprint Store?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad