1.    #1  
    I used SnapperMail on my Treo 300. It was by far the best email program I tried. However, on the Treo 600, it seems to only work with the stylus. The 5 way navigation does not work and spacebar does not open mail from the mail list. I am using version 1.7.2.02. Does anyone know if this version needs to be upgraded and if upgrade works better with T600?
    Yep - you need the upgrade to get full T600 support.
    Originally posted by oert
    I used SnapperMail on my Treo 300. It was by far the best email program I tried. However, on the Treo 600, it seems to only work with the stylus. The 5 way navigation does not work and spacebar does not open mail from the mail list. I am using version 1.7.2.02. Does anyone know if this version needs to be upgraded and if upgrade works better with T600?
    Not sure about version numbers, etc., but I have Snapper on my 600 and it is fully 5-way enabled and offers the functionality that you mention (space bar, etc.).
    1.8.4 works beautifully with the 5-way.
    Absolutely, you need to go download their latest version which will support the 5 way feature.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am using 1.8.4.01 and it works fine with the five-way.
  7.    #7  
    Upgrade fixed the issues. Thanks.
    I've never used email on a treo becuase I didn't want to get inundated with work emails (most of which i delete or handle on my pc). Can you control which emails you get and which you don't? If so, how?
    When will they add support for desktop mail so I can d/l my emails and sync them at home if I don't read them all. I don't want need two email apps for two uses, just one that does it all.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I've been using Eudora, but will prob switch to one with attachments like snappermail.

I use it when I'm out so I can check my mail if I'm waiting for something, or a friend wants to email me during the day.

I have the msgs left on the server so when I get home I get all the emails.
    anyone else having the problem of snappermail not working in auto delivery mode on the 600? I think it has something to do with the screen lock. Sometimes when I turn the screen on to use it for something, I see snapper mail in the background trying to connect to vision.

Anyone else having these problems?

I have also go into BUG mode and check the ignore power on state check box.
    I've never used email on a treo becuase I didn't want to get inundated with work emails (most of which i delete or handle on my pc). Can you control which emails you get and which you don't? If so, how?
    You can download just the headers (and then get the full e-mail if you want). Or set it to download only the first X kilobytes ... there are various options for how many kilobytes you want. I have mine set to get the first 40K, which should cover just about any e-mail, but will prevent my phone from spazzing if someone decides to send me a 4 meg e-mail for some crazy reason.

I haven't played with filters to determine how well they work to selectively get or refuse e-mails from specific people, or what have you.
    Originally posted by catlook
    Well sure, you control which email accounts you set up on snappermail. If you don't want work emails, don't set up your work account. Just use your personal account. If you only use one account just set it up to receive headers only, or the first couple of kilobytes so you can see what it is...
    Hi all,

Not trying to rip-off Snappermail, but do you really have to purchase two if you have 2 T600s?

My wife has one, and I'd like to get it set-up to read her personnel mail. I have the other, and would like to do the same thing.

Not sending huge documents or anything through it.... $34.95 * 2 is pretty pricey. Used Eudora, but I like Snappermail (demoing it now).

Thanks!
    Matt
    Sorry if I'm asking a question that's been answered, but does Snappermail check for messages and download email in the background on the Treo 600? That was, hands down, the best feature of TreoMail. Now the new system that Handspring is pushing existing TreoMail users towards takes the foreground away from whatever else you're doing when it wants to retreive messages. Snappermail seems excellent, so long as it can run in the background.
    No, it doesn't check mail in the background.