Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't believe it, I thought they would have fixed this by now. Still no ablity to sort contacts by company name. I have over 1000 customers and need to view them by "customer name" not first or last name. I sync with Act, and don't want to use any third party contact manager on the Treo to facilitate this. I spoke with H/S tech support, and they confirmed that this was never corrected, does anyone know different? I'd really like to purchase this product.
    Last edited by dvkim; 10/14/2003 at 03:03 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I guess no one see's this as a problem. Bottom line is my palm 3xe has this option but the Treo does'nt
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    this is probably a better question for Palm since it's the OS and not the Treo. Just a thought.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I believe you can do that with Agendus, which is a third-party contact/datebook application.
  5.    #5  
    How does it sync with act?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Originally posted by randyg
    this is probably a better question for Palm since it's the OS and not the Treo. Just a thought.
    No, actually it would be a question for Handspring because they have always slightly tweaked the OS to their preferences. As stated earlier, an old Palm III had this ability. Don't forget that there are many treo specific changes in the OS for the Treo 600 (such as better navigation with the 5way). Palm has also begun to tweak the OS as the T3 has slightly different PIM applications now and this will carry over to palmOne, but won't necessarily be available on non-palmOne devices.
  7.    #7  
    Is there a third pary add on to the phone book that will let me do this and sync with act effectively?
    Best solution for bringing ACT! data into a Palm, is the ACT! for Palm add-on.

http://tinyurl.com/9b4l
  9.    #9  
    i've been using act link for palm for the last 5 years, it syncs notes on contacts very unreliably but its the lesser of all evils. If you read the thread; I'm looking for third pary software that will let me veiw contacts by company name, and sync with act.
    Last edited by dvkim; 10/15/2003 at 11:39 AM.
    Try Finger Dial at fingerclick.com

I use this in my T270 to search company names instead of Contact name.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Tealphone by TealPoint SW is also a great 3rd party choice. I've been using it on every Palm I've owned for about 4 years, and I have yet to see a better contact replacement.
  12.    #12  
    the t600 already has the abitly to search by company name. I want to view them by company name ie

acme co.
    abc tech co
    bdd co.......

and not....

Art Smith
    David Lee
    John doe......
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dvkim
    ...software that will let me veiw contacts by company name, and sync with act.
    Act! for Palm does this already. Open Act! on the T600, select list view, on the left column select "company/first" from the dropdown and you can sort by company, view by company and do everything you could want by company.
  14.    #14  
    I tried act for palm, besides act forcing you to purchase act 6 (because act for palm won't work with act 2000, or previous versions) as far as I know, you can't dial from a contact records number with act. unless they have fixed this.
    They have it working on both the Treo 300 and the Tungsten W. However it is currently (dial from ACT! for Palm ) not functioning on the 600.

They should be working on it , but have no info.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This feature (or lack thereof) has been bugging me since the T300. To solve it, I reinstalled and old app that I loved with my old 3C -- TealPhone. It lets you sort by last name, first name or company. It also allows you to dials the phone. Highly recommended!

Thx,
    TL
    Originally posted by dvkim
    the t600 already has the abitly to search by company name. I want to view them by company name ie

acme co.
    abc tech co
    bdd co.......

and not....

Art Smith
    David Lee
    John doe......
    How do you do this? The only way I have found is by contact name.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    You could also just put the contact name in the 'note' section of the contact manager.
  19.    #19  
    Originally posted by ChgoMike
    You could also just put the contact name in the 'note' section of the contact manager.
    That would work, if I were starting from scratch, and using the palm desktop, but I'm syncing over 1000 contact with act.
  20.    #20  
    Can anyone offer a solution for this, that's compatible with act? I believe act for palm won't recognize the phone number as a dial string.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast