Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting the form fit case and had a few questions:

    Can you remove the belt clip?

    How much does it add to the dimensions of the 600 (w/o belt clip)?

    Can you still use the keyboard and all the buttons without having to press to hard?

    Can you use the touch screen?

    Thanks for your help in advance

    -n
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    I am thinking about getting the form fit case and had a few questions:

    Can you remove the belt clip?

    How much does it add to the dimensions of the 600 (w/o belt clip)?

    Can you still use the keyboard and all the buttons without having to press to hard?

    Can you use the touch screen?

    Thanks for your help in advance

    -n
    Yes you can remove the belt clip but in my opinion I don't think you will like the case overall. Check out the "Bellagio case" thread for my post there with more details about the form fitting case.
  3.    #3  
    thanx a lot... looks like the form fit case is no good... ill wait for a better alternative

    -n
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    thanx a lot... looks like the form fit case is no good... ill wait for a better alternative

    -n
    Check this out.

    http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showcategory3.php?cod_category3=28
  5. mikemcq1's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm charging my newly delivered t600 as I type (I couldn't take a shower all day in case I missed the FedEx truck!) and I purchased the form fitting case from HS...here are my thoughts in the short amount of time I've had it:

    The case itself seems like a great case. All access points are available (headset, sync cable, volume, etc.), the clear plastic covering that protects the screen is pretty thin which facilitates stylus tapping and you're still able to "feel" the keyboard nicely.

    The top flap covers the lens which could be good or bad...I like it because it protects the lens, but it means you have to unsnap the flap to expose the lens to take a picture.

    The top flap also runs across the SD slot which protects the disk from accidental release. Again, if you are doing alot of changing of disks, you have to unsnap the flap.

    The belt clip is what kills this for me. It's about an inch thick and the t600 when attached to the belt clip sticks out and away from your hip like a sore thumb. The function of the release from the belt clip is nice (it has a pressure release button and swivels) but I hate having the phone stick out that far!

    I would keep the case and find an alternative to attaching to my belt.

    Mike.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    I am thinking about getting the form fit case and had a few questions:

    Can you remove the belt clip?

    How much does it add to the dimensions of the 600 (w/o belt clip)?

    Can you still use the keyboard and all the buttons without having to press to hard?

    Can you use the touch screen?

    Thanks for your help in advance

    -n
    Quick review and detailed pics of the form fitted case for Treo 600

    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=11114
  7. #7  
    I recieved my form fit case yesterday fits phone overall very good display shows good thru cover it adds some thickness just have to press a little harder does stick out to far i have swsitched the swivel with one from another case i had still like the case
  8. mikemcq1's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #8  
    Which swivel did you switch to?

    The case is great...its that darn belt clip!

    Mike.
  9. #9  
    I just switched the clip part with a cheap nokia phone case i got from vendor at mall phone rests closer to belt now
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by kevinhjr
    I just switched the clip part with a cheap nokia phone case i got from vendor at mall phone rests closer to belt now
    That's a great idea--changing to a lower profile detachable clip
    .
    I actually DO like this case (have posted this a couple times, I know, but I think there are some vaiid counterpoints to the naysayers, most of whom haven't tried the case).

    My main 2 complaints:
    1. a bit too far out from belt--nice workaround by KevinhJr (you have to wonder what the designers were thinking). However, my informal test of batting the phone around while clipped reveal a sturdy fastening in to the removable clip. And so far the NYC subway, bus system, and a busy office have not shown the phone to be receiving much inadvertant physical trauma while attached to my belt.

    2. The phone/headphone jack is a little prone to getting dislodged. But with a little more care (it's also in a new position--the bottom--so a little re-thinking may help) toward positioning the phone, and it is becoming a rare occurence for it to come out now (after just a few days).

    It is a nicely snug fit around the T600, but easy to remove.

    The keys are VERY perceptable through the plastic, because it fairly soft and able to mold to the key contours. I can feel very single key without any diffculty and almost never make a typo from finger positioning or double strikes (just typos from pressing the wrong key altogether ;-)

    As shown, the back drops nicely to reveal camera and speaker (reduces phone vibration with playback as well) without having to remove from case and frankly it looks very attractive--really compliments the T600 design and makes it look much more of a professional luxury class device.

    Within a day or so, I've adjusted my stylus movements to be a little firmer, and except for the extreme corners, rarely miss the mark on the first try.

    Personally for my style of usage, I have not been as impressed with the other cases because they either have lids that flap around or the phone needs to be removed entirely to be fully functional.

    Then again, the same criticism could be leveled at me--I haven't tried other cases. But so far, I haven't seen anything remotely as winning a form.

    Happy to reply to comments/questions.
  11. #11  
    Thanks for the review.

    Does it muffle the vibrate at all?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  12. barjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #12  
    Cases are such a bear to select. I have now purchased and tried the form fit case, the side holster, the IPOD case and the case that came with the phone.

    A. I like the form fit case except for: 1) it is very difficult to select items on the screen on the upper 1/3 where the screen is most distant from the plastic and you feel like you may damage the plastic if you push hard enough to make contact with the screen. 2) I hate the swivel and having the knob on the case (unlike the Krussel cases) so I can't put it in my pocket without having this bulge where the knob protrudes. The unit just sticks out too far from the body to be comfortable and is really uncomfortable in the car.

    B. The side holster case fits close to the body and is very comfortable, even in a car. However, you must unsnap and remove the unit from the holster. It is not a case you can stick in your pocket.

    C. The IPOD case fits perfectly and looks like the case that comes with the phone with a belt clip. However, the clip mount is a little high so the phone stabs you in the side. Especially when you sit down in a car or at your desk. It doesn't work to well in the pocket either. Further the cost is very high at $40.00. I am definitely taking this one back to Fry's.

    D. The case that comes with the phone is great for use in your pocket but you still have to remove the phone from the case and there is always the fear that you will drop the slippery sucker in the process. It fits tight and sometimes it is hard to get it out in a hurry.

    In short I haven't found the perfect case. I will probably use the side holster when I want to carry it on my belt and the case that came with it for pocket carrying. I haven't decided yet if I want to cut off the knob on the form fitting case. Maybe Krussel will make a better case. I don't want a flap as that is just too dorky.
    John
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Thanks for the review.

    Does it muffle the vibrate at all?
    The vibrate is already horrible. I can only feel it if I'm holding the phone in my hands! So I'm not sure it matters. The case fits very snugly, so if it's against you body in your pocket, you ought to feel it still. But as I mentioned, the swivel clip holds the case away from your body. But others have reported difficulty feeling vibrating even in a pants pocket without a case. I suppose if it's on a table, it might vibrate more without a case, but frankly, I wouldn't depend on that anyway.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by barjohn
    Cases are such a bear to select. I have now purchased and tried the form fit case, the side holster, the IPOD case and the case that came with the phone.

    A. I like the form fit case except for: 1) it is very difficult to select items on the screen on the upper 1/3 where the screen is most distant from the plastic and you feel like you may damage the plastic if you push hard enough to make contact with the screen. 2) I hate the swivel and having the knob on the case (unlike the Krussel cases) so I can't put it in my pocket without having this bulge where the knob protrudes. The unit just sticks out too far from the body to be comfortable and is really uncomfortable in the car.

    B. The side holster case fits close to the body and is very comfortable, even in a car. However, you must unsnap and remove the unit from the holster. It is not a case you can stick in your pocket.

    C. The IPOD case fits perfectly and looks like the case that comes with the phone with a belt clip. However, the clip mount is a little high so the phone stabs you in the side. Especially when you sit down in a car or at your desk. It doesn't work to well in the pocket either. Further the cost is very high at $40.00. I am definitely taking this one back to Fry's.

    D. The case that comes with the phone is great for use in your pocket but you still have to remove the phone from the case and there is always the fear that you will drop the slippery sucker in the process. It fits tight and sometimes it is hard to get it out in a hurry.

    In short I haven't found the perfect case. I will probably use the side holster when I want to carry it on my belt and the case that came with it for pocket carrying. I haven't decided yet if I want to cut off the knob on the form fitting case. Maybe Krussel will make a better case. I don't want a flap as that is just too dorky.
    I agree with everything John said (esp. about flaps being dorky! ;-), but I found that while I too was at first a little tentative at the very top of the screen (maybe the top 1/4), I've been brazenly plunging ahead with the stylus, and have yet to harpoon anything inadvertantly.

    In the past, I have found that for cramped seating, like driving, it helps to slide the case further to the side to prevent pinching or scrunching. Will try this out the next bus / car trip I take.
    Again, while the phone feels too far out on the swivel, so far a lot of anticipated bumps have been false alarms. We'll see if Treo's luck run out...

    (I hope not!)

Posting Permissions