1.    #1  
    And this isnít just the quality of the lame headphone that came with the T-600. Apparently the quality of the sound produced by the T-600ís earphone-out is terrible. At least this is from my experience. I used to own a Sanyo 4900 and I used the Plantronics in-ear head-set and the quality was superb.

When I use the same head-set on the Treo, the quality is terrible. The volume goes VERY high but even at low volumes there is prevalent scratchy sound when the person speaks. Itís very irritating and it hurts my ear after talking on it for just a few minutes. The earphone that comes with the Treo is even worse.

Has anyone experienced this low quality reproduction? Could my unit just be defective? Can other pre-Sanyo users post to this board? I realize that the quality may just be a HS thing so some users may be used to this scratchy sound and think it is OK. If you used my Sanyo for 1 Ĺ years and switch to the T-600 you would see a huge difference and you would also be very disappointed.
    Originally posted by tcjohnsson
    And this isnít just the quality of the lame headphone that came with the T-600. Apparently the quality of the sound produced by the T-600ís earphone-out is terrible. At least this is from my experience. I used to own a Sanyo 4900 and I used the Plantronics in-ear head-set and the quality was superb.

When I use the same head-set on the Treo, the quality is terrible. The volume goes VERY high but even at low volumes there is prevalent scratchy sound when the person speaks. Itís very irritating and it hurts my ear after talking on it for just a few minutes. The earphone that comes with the Treo is even worse.

Has anyone experienced this low quality reproduction? Could my unit just be defective? Can other pre-Sanyo users post to this board? I realize that the quality may just be a HS thing so some users may be used to this scratchy sound and think it is OK. If you used my Sanyo for 1 Ĺ years and switch to the T-600 you would see a huge difference and you would also be very disappointed.
    I'll let u know whenever mine comes in. I had a Sanyo 5300.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    My stock headset sucks too. I ordered the higher end unit, the earbud is too big to fit comfortably. Sending it back.
    I am having this problem too.

Still trying to diagnose. If I can't then I will ask for a replacement.

Greg
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Wow that headset that came with it really rots. It's warbly and basically unusable.

I plugged in a cheapo one I had used with the 300 and it worked great.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by groisner
    I am having this problem too.

Still trying to diagnose. If I can't then I will ask for a replacement.

Greg
    So do you think we have defects? The Sprint store out here did not have a working sample and I don't know a single soul in Hawaii who has this phone. So I can't do a sound comparison to figure out if my unit is indeed defective.

I have noticed that the sound is worse sometimes than others. It's not very consistent at all.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was having the problem of a substantial echo of my voice into the mic and back to the speaker. Fairly loud and extremely annoying, almost making it difficult to speak.

So, I called Handspring (which is where I bought it) and they are sending another one to me with a box to return the old one. Haven't received the replacement yet but let's hope this solve it! I talk on the headset 90% of the time so this really bites!
    Is the line out on the bottome tied in any way to the ear speaker out? I noticed that the sound quality on the 600 was worse than the 300 IMO, so i'm wondering if they are tied together in some way.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I plugged the headset that came with it back in and it works fine now. *shrug*
    Originally posted by njchris
    Wow that headset that came with it really rots. It's warbly and basically unusable.

I plugged in a cheapo one I had used with the 300 and it worked great.
    Isn't the Treo 300 using a Nokia style plug, whereas the Treo 600 a standard 2.5mm plug? I guess they are interchangeable somewhat.
    I switched to my Plantronics one that I got at VzW and it works just fine. So its the low end crappy one they sent us.
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    I switched to my Plantronics one that I got at VzW and it works just fine. So its the low end crappy one they sent us.
    I also have a Plantronics and it sounds fine.
    Carl
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    PalmMD and CarlGalgano, a question for you.

When you plug your headsets into the phone and turn the volume all the way up, do you hear an echo of your voice from the microphone into the speaker?