View Poll Results: What's your personal experience with Sandisk SD cards and the Treo 600?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have used them but have had problems.

2 4.00%
  • I have used them with mixed results.

3 6.00%
  • I have used them and they work fine.

45 90.00%
  1.    #1  
    As I look through recent posts that reference Sandisk SD cards, it seems there's a difference of opinion. Some recommend them , others say they don't work well at all .

Can some here speak about this from personal experience (one way or the other)? Please refrain from posting the "I heard that ..." comments.

Thanks!

~Shooter~
    My 512 MB card has and is still working fine.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    My 512 MB card has and is still working fine.

Mike

concur
    Generally speaking -

SanDisk is oriented toward volume, not maximum quality. I'm not saying that as a dis. I have a 1 GB SanDisk CF card in my camera and a 512 MB SanDisk SD card arriving tomorrow for my Treo. I have used Sandisk cards of 512 (CF), 256 (SD) and 128 (CF) in the past. I have never had any problem with any of the cards. I have used them in a Tunsten T, a Tungsten C, an iPAQ 5455, a Canon Powershot S200, S230 and S50.

The issue is that in their rush to get some specific cards on the market, they sold a batch of defective ones. I don't remember which size it was, maybe 256 MB. The cards were basically locked (read-only) all the time and had to be replaced.

To my knowledge, there has never been any other serious problem with SanDisk cards. However, because they are among the cheaper brands and they do not have the top features in terms of IO speed, etc, some have built up a mental bias against them.

99% of the time, any SD card will work fine. Pay for the size you want, pay for the speed you want, and beyond that, the card should work. Don't worry so much about "problems". They are virtually non-existent.
    I have a San Disk card 64Meg and copied Jpegs to it from the PHoto manager on the Treo 600. but I don't see them on the card. and I can't view them. Card INFO says they are there, but there does not seem to be a way to view them or to put them back on the phone??

Brian
    Originally posted by tarkwolf
    I have a San Disk card 64Meg and copied Jpegs to it from the PHoto manager on the Treo 600. but I don't see them on the card. and I can't view them. Card INFO says they are there, but there does not seem to be a way to view them or to put them back on the phone??

Brian
    The Card view will only show applications - you need a file browser like FileZ to see non-apps on the card. It also seems that the Treo Pictures folder on your hard drive only contains any photos saved to the handheld itself, not the card, after sync... so probably should get a card reader or move the pics to the handheld before sync.
    Have a 128MB in Treo and working fine. The 32MB card the Treo came with also works fine.

Have a mix of MP3's, PICS and Data staored on the 128MB.
    www.gsmworld.com
  8.    #8  
    All in all ... very positive comments. Anyone else have something to offer?

~Shooter~
    Originally posted by selicade

The Card view will only show applications - you need a file browser like FileZ to see non-apps on the card. It also seems that the Treo Pictures folder on your hard drive only contains any photos saved to the handheld itself, not the card, after sync... so probably should get a card reader or move the pics to the handheld before sync.
    I downloaded "FileZ" and every time I exit the program the treo resets.. is there a newer version?

brian
    256MB card works great. I do not use Filez or anything like that. I have been putting camera pics and mp3's on it.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    Originally posted by tarkwolf

I downloaded "FileZ" and every time I exit the program the treo resets.. is there a newer version?

brian
    i downloaded the latest filez but i can not move or copy a midi from my card to the palm to install as a ringtone
    has it happened to anyone? is there a better program for moving files from card to palm or is it just simply that you can not move midis

thanks
    andres
    256 and 512 both work fine...no problems "yet." ; )
    "I want to meet the guy that invented beer and see what he's working on now"
    the treo seems to not see the card occasionally, a quick removal and reinsert always works fine.

64 meg card.
    Just trying to get oriented here - so does this thread exist because of the card included in the new 600's that "non compliant SD cards" can damage your Treo, you have to have the right logo, you have to have the notch, damage not covered under warranty, etc? Anyone know of a case where a SanDisk damaged a Treo? (I have a 64 MB; works fine in my ipaq)
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by afcuadros

i downloaded the latest filez but i can not move or copy a midi from my card to the palm to install as a ringtone
    has it happened to anyone? is there a better program for moving files from card to palm or is it just simply that you can not move midis

thanks
    Yeah you cant move some file types, even with Filez. Since the MIDI files have to be added to the midi ring tones file on the main memory. (I use snappermail and email myself the midi..when you open the attachment it will add it... or just surf to a site where it is and blazer will add it)
    I just purchased a 512mb sd card and trying it in my 600 it fails to perform. Using my reader to check it in windows i cannot see the files i put on the system and when i can i delete them and they reappear! Finally the if i were to create a directory and then play the file in the treo and then see the file in the windows reader it will have removed all the h's and replaced them with the "` "
    dunno if its this card or all of the sandisk. Incidentally i have a 256 "pny" branded card that works perfectly. I will try another and repost if it has the same results.

ps
    sorry for the sloppy writing