1.    #1  
    I searched around and could not find, or overlooked, any helpful suggestions to this dilemma:

I have fine set of formatted photos from my Treo300 for friends and family that I speed dial.

Is there any way to use photos NOT taken by the T600 camera for the purpose of identifying incoming calls (those assigned speed dial shortcuts) ?

Thanks in advance.
    E-mail the picture to your phone and open it with Pictures. Just did it. Worked fine.
    Originally posted by TreoTheo
    I searched around and could not find, or overlooked, any helpful suggestions to this dilemma:

I have fine set of formatted photos from my Treo300 for friends and family that I speed dial.

Is there any way to use photos NOT taken by the T600 camera for the purpose of identifying incoming calls (those assigned speed dial shortcuts) ?

Thanks in advance.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...37561/s/h.html
    Glad I just read that thread. I tried that first, but thought it didn't work...must have missed something the first time. A lot easier than e-mailing!
  5.    #5  
    I was about to try beaming the picture Treo to Treo.

Thank you Mo-bile!

I swear I looked!

Enjoy your new Treo 600's everyone!
  6.    #6  
    I spoke too soon--I have a mac.
    No Hot Syncing of photos from camera, -- I don't see any of these folders.

OK, back to emailing or beaming!
    Try saving an image to the SD card using an expansion card reader. As long as you place the JPG image in the ..\DCIM folder you will be able to see it from the Camera application.

Beware of large images though as they slow down caller ID or the phone app. Make/downsize the images to 160x120 before you upload them to ensure you get fast response from your Treo. No point in making it have to do the downsize everytime it shows it.

PS also if you save your images to the SD card or copy them there, you can likewise open the DCIM folder on a Mac (using an SD card reader) and copy the images off the card. They are stored as native JPG images and are immediately usable.
  8.    #8  
    Sounds like a good idea.
    I do have a card reader that I think works for different memory card formats, and could try to place them in the DCIM folder.
    The HS photo album lets you beam photos and use them for caller ID. But before I realized that, they were all stored in CallerID.

I've already emailed to myself the photos
    (all around 20 kb, and worked fine for Treo 300, so OK size, I think). If downloading the email proves to slow, I shall take your advice

(<clunks head like one of 3 stooges...> "why didn't I think o' that?")