1.    #1  
    So I'm in NYC, a city with lotsa stores, and I'm a Treo 300 owner, SOOOOO, before my discount expires I'd like to see the thing once to determine whether I want to go for it. Has anyone seen a Treo 600 anywhere in Manhattan? (even one with no power on display in some store!)

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by libmanj
    So I'm in NYC, a city with lotsa stores, and I'm a Treo 300 owner, SOOOOO, before my discount expires I'd like to see the thing once to determine whether I want to go for it. Has anyone seen a Treo 600 anywhere in Manhattan? (even one with no power on display in some store!)

Thanks in advance.
    Trust me, they look great--better than I could have imagined. You won't be disappointed with the appearance. However, I recommend the form-fitting leather case with clear plastic cover (can operate through), which does change the appearance-- but it *still* looks very good to me, and should preserve it longer. Very functional case wrt to camera, jacks, rotates with several "stay" positions it clicks into (though not as firm a hold as Treo300 plastic holder) etc. Only downside: can't feel vibration (because it's a bit away from belt). Even if you don't clip it to your belt, still very functional protective case (I don't get a commission--I swear).

Having said all that--call the Sprint stores (if you can get them to answer the phone) or just drop by.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

Trust me, they look great--better than I could have imagined. You won't be disappointed with the appearance. However, I recommend the form-fitting leather case with clear plastic cover (can operate through), which does change the appearance-- but it *still* looks very good to me, and should preserve it longer. Very functional case wrt to camera, jacks, rotates with several "stay" positions it clicks into (though not as firm a hold as Treo300 plastic holder) etc. Only downside: can't feel vibration (because it's a bit away from belt). Even if you don't clip it to your belt, still very functional protective case (I don't get a commission--I swear).

Having said all that--call the Sprint stores (if you can get them to answer the phone) or just drop by.
    :^)

Just for the record, Sprint Stores won't answer, and I made three drop-by's today to no avail.
    My Orange 600 is touring Manhattan this week. So the answer to your question is yes, plenty of people in Manhattan have seen the Treo 600. I've had 4 people so far in Starbucks shops that wanted to have a closer look.

Its tour schema for Tuesday includes performances at the soup shop on the NE corner of 55th and 8th Av, the Harbour Circle Line, and the Intrepid.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Mol
    My Orange 600 is touring Manhattan this week. So the answer to your question is yes, plenty of people in Manhattan have seen the Treo 600. I've had 4 people so far in Starbucks shops that wanted to have a closer look.

Its tour schema for Tuesday includes performances at the soup shop on the NE corner of 55th and 8th Av, the Harbour Circle Line, and the Intrepid.
    When will it be at the Soup Shot on Tuesday?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by libmanj

:^)

Just for the record, Sprint Stores won't answer, and I made three drop-by's today to no avail.
    OUCH!!
    sorry about that.
    I was told last week by a store rep when they might be getting them (not sure if I believed he really knew), but then just ordered it when the HS deal came out, and have not regretted it for a second.
    I'm thinking if you hang out at the Apple store in SoHo long enough, somebody's bound to show up with one (maybe me!)--try 10/24 after 8pm when they have the new Mac OSX Panther release party / sale.

Good luck!
    Sprint Store on 86th and Third

They have a display model... but you have to ask for it... its in the back since they are out of stock!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where I can see a Treo 600 in Manhattan?
    In my HAND! This thing is the best ever!
    Have you tried J & R? I know they were the first in the City to have the Treo 180/270.
    Was just at J&R this morning. They didn't have it, or, at least, it wasn't on display in the Sprint section.

When I checked there 2 weeks ago they had no idea what I was talking about, reluctantly checked their computer, showed T600 GSM for T-Mobile expected, but nothing for Sprint.
    the sprint store at 42 broadway (near wall street) has a demo unit. I played with it this morning.
    In my hand ...