Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by paulhorne

I think I have a workaround to get pictures from my Mac into the 600, but the caller ID software has got to be FULL SCREEN on this tiny screen. I can't believe the "pictures" program only shows a tiny box with the picture when someone calls... lame.

I emailed my pictures as email attachments from my mac, and opened them with Snappermail on the Treo.

As to picture caller id, when my wife calls, the snapshot of her I took with the treo shows up full screen on my treo.

When does yours show a tiny box?

Cluemeister
    Originally posted by Cluemeister

I emailed my pictures as email attachments from my mac, and opened them with Snappermail on the Treo.

As to picture caller id, when my wife calls, the snapshot of her I took with the treo shows up full screen on my treo.

When does yours show a tiny box?

Cluemeister
    Try assigning a picture you DIDN'T take on the 600 to one of your Caller ID screens -- I think that's the problem. If you've ever used TreoPictureCallerID from pdaapps.com, you'll know how it's completely full screen, with an option to not show name or number.
    Here's my attempt, not so much a good picture as it is a picture of a cool thing!

This was a quick snapshot from my Treo 600 while I was at work (if you can call it that...)

PS if the picture doesn't post, I'll try again...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most excellent pic there John....I'm impressed.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up

Try assigning a picture you DIDN'T take on the 600 to one of your Caller ID screens -- I think that's the problem. If you've ever used TreoPictureCallerID from pdaapps.com, you'll know how it's completely full screen, with an option to not show name or number.
    Hey again, Paulhorne,

I emailed a pic of Jessica Simpson to myself last night using Snappermail, and I assigned it to my wife's caller id. My wife called this am, and I got a full screen of Jessica on my Treo 600.

I don't know what you're doing differently than me, but it's working on my end. Let me know if you want to email back and forth to figure this out.

Cluemeister
    My cat, Wade, seems fascinated with the 600...
    Originally posted by JohnM15141
    Here's my attempt, not so much a good picture as it is a picture of a cool thing!

This was a quick snapshot from my Treo 600 while I was at work (if you can call it that...)

Wow! Great pic! Since this thread is "Best Treo 600 Picture Contest", I vote you the winner so far!
    Originally posted by JohnM15141

Nice shot! And the caption would read..."Passing Gas"
    John,
    That is an COOL PIC! YOU WIN!!!
    too all the peopl e fussin...here's a fuss for you...

if you guys want to take real pictures, get a real camera and stop fussing how good or bad these images come out. its just a vga camera, not a 6MP Canon for crying out loud. I think the camera does the job and nothing more. sometimes it sucks but sometimes its cool as hell too. sorry...i know this comment isnt for all you guys. many of you guys are actually enjoying the simple use of the camera and making the best of it. and i wish i had an airplane like everyone on this board so i can take pictures up in the sky too. hehe. hope not everyone got offended, just the fussers! (im being hypocritical now)
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    too all the peopl e fussin...here's a fuss for you...

if you guys want to take real pictures, get a real camera and stop fussing how good or bad these images come out. its just a vga camera, not a 6MP Canon for crying out loud. I think the camera does the job and nothing more. sometimes it sucks but sometimes its cool as hell too. sorry...i know this comment isnt for all you guys. many of you guys are actually enjoying the simple use of the camera and making the best of it. and i wish i had an airplane like everyone on this board so i can take pictures up in the sky too. hehe. hope not everyone got offended, just the fussers! (im being hypocritical now)
    Hey Inspecta. YOU'RE THE DORK!!! Just kidding... :-)

I see your point -- I think my real gripe is that if the camera is going to be complete crap, I'd rather have a 600 that was smaller or had more internal storage or whatever. I think the problem is that we had to TRADE-OFF some of these things for the added camera, but since I'll probably never use the camera because of the poor quality, I resent its inclusion. does that make sense?

I love my credit card size Casio Exilim, and I just realized that I can use it for pixs, then pop the SD Card into my 600 to email the pics, so that's an ok workaround for me...
    My, aren't we fussy today?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Some things are best left unsaid.

People make fun where they find it. You dont have to have a Hasselblad as long as you have a good eye.

I think the problem is that we had to TRADE-OFF some of these things for the added camera, but since I'll probably never use the camera because of the poor quality, I resent its inclusion. does that make sense?

I think Sprint forced Handspring to put in the camera. A camera phone = Vision services = $15 a month = $ millions in additional revenues for Sprint.

Cluemeister
    For those who posted a picture, can you check your hardware revision to see if there's been an improvement to the camera? As far as I know, there are 3 different "Sprint Treo 600" revision A,B, and C.

Hit ##786 to check.
    whew...i thought i was gonna get flammed and torched after that. again...just venting at others. its a longggg day. hope you guys are having a better one than i.
    Originally posted by conflagrare
    For those who posted a picture, can you check your hardware revision to see if there's been an improvement to the camera? As far as I know, there are 3 different "Sprint Treo 600" revision A,B, and C.

Hit ##786 to check.
    I had the worst picture I think, and I'm revision C. :-(

Someone related to the camera company said they were going to update the camera (silently) in the next few months. Not sure what that means, but I think I'll probably accidentally get my Treo stolen or broken at that point... ;-)
    just adding a little holiday cheer!
    btw, i'm version B according to the ##786 call.
    I snapped this one of the city skyline out the window of my plane -- to show the quality of this camera.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast